[Addon] EWOCprojects presents Quadder

To ensure particles comes directly on the right height (mountains landscape etc…) and i didn’t find any good way to “drop”/warp 1000+ objects on the Z axis on a 3D terrain. Is there such a method ? Painting in particles mode takes ages for big scene and is hardly manageable. Your grease particle add-on does the magic perfeclty, only problem is height… I tried to draw “3D Ngon chips” with grease pencil on surface, but the resulting ngon is buggy and doesn’t properly follow the height field.
I have my height maps as greyscale pngs and at the moment i paint my forest/prairie/animals/rocks area with your add-on but can’t get the particles to have their “foot on the ground”. Any solution would be welcome :slight_smile:

I dont believe I can interfere with the way strokes are drawn on a certain surface, that part of the operation is totally up to Blender itself.

Try turning approximation to zero (this now totally cancels out any “curvation” of strokes) and using vert emission …

Does not work in the following scenario:

Thats indeed a scenario that wasnt catered for. New version online that handles it…

Thanks! I hope it also takes care of all the rest of scenarios where only 2 edges are selected (it’s a single scenario really).

It does not. In the following scenario it does not work ->

Hmm, were bumping into a consistency issue here. As I see from you previous posts, you use Quadder often to create single faces, this is not the target use though, that is using it to fill in areas with quads and these areas are marked by corners in the geometry. The problem with above scenario is that iys unsure if the select edges are a corner.
Look at this:

The left situation isnt a corner or is it ? Its the same as above…
The right situation shows how the left one isnt a corner any more.

In fact, some of the changes I made before because of your requests show the same problem…

To fix this I did the following:

• when only two edges are selected, Quadder will fill the associated quad
  • when more than 2 edges selected, then none of the situations fixed before will work now

Hope that does it, do download new version.

Hmm, the way I see it, if 2 edges are selected, the script should ignore all geometry they are connected to. If these 2 edges lie on a line, the 4th vert should be added on the line, like it is now - that’s ok, it’s the users fault. If I understand correctly, this is what you’ve done. Works now, thanks!

What about this scenario? (does not work now)

It works when the disconnected edge is part of a corner:

I think you can assume that the single disconnected edge in a selection of more than 2 edges where the remaining edges are connected to quads is where the user intends the extrusion to go.

Maybe it would be even possible if it would be a sequence of edges.

I think you can assume that the single disconnected edge in a selection of more than 2 edges where the remaining edges are connected to quads is where the user intends the extrusion to go.

Really you cant, the disconnected edge could be on a straight line on from the rest of the selection, should it be treated as a corner then? Probably not. This would bring us to setting a certain limit for the angle between two selected edges, which I dont want to do cause its arbitrary and doesnt provide predictable behaviour… Really I believe Quadder should just ignore such cases… I already implemented the two-edges-makes-quad rule, dont think I wanna go further.

paleajed this addon dont work in those case:

@paleajed
if you have the time can you add some new feature like:

• the good thing about your addon is it generated multiple quads from multi edge selection [continuous quad]
  • the problems is the user need 2edges selection to generate a quad, would be good if it generate quad from one edge selection or row of edges
  • is excellent for multi quad generation
  • when generate a quad keep the selected edge active to continue generate like f2 script or tweak the last edge or vertex…

Keep the generate edge selected for tweaking or continued generate more quad

version 0.4.0

code cleanup

Update please…:innocent: