(Addon)EZDraw Artist Paint Panel: 2D Paint in the 3D View - 2.79b only, 2.8 unsupported

Yes those docs are very good. But one thing I could reccomend is to start at the very very beginning. Assume the the people that are reading the docs or viewing the tutorials know NOTHING about your addon and VERY LITTLE about blender.

I disagree here. I don’t intend to teach how to use every facet of Blender in order to make them capable of using my add-ons. I would be duplicating all the effort out there already present on a lot of really good monetized channels for free - my channel was demonetized and I don’t get anything out of telling people how to get the most out of painting in Blender. I spend my time instead prowling the blender.stackexchange for texture painting posts and try to help there instead.

I get what you mean, but there is a high probability that this will not even be necessary post 2.8. Seriously, if they need it for Grease Pencil then it will be available for Texture Paint is how I see it.

I did just update the Drawtype Pie Menu for 2.80 and then submitted a potential bug about the draw types in texture paint mode. Feels good to get something ready for 2.80beta so I can use it, but simple work first til I understand the limitations and changes needed for 2.80. The new program handles differently, so some things might not even need to be ported and that might stream line the whole experience.

1 Like

Updated EZ Paint for 2.80, hope some find it useful. Popups are still on combinations of W, Alt-W, Shift-W.

2 Likes

Brush popup is okay, but missing icons have bugged out the other popups for now. I will fix as soon as I can figure out how to replace the icons effectively.

1 Like