Addon: Fast Animation Studio Tools = Faster Animation Workflow

:grinning: thanks thatā€™ll be a big help! I havenā€™t seen any other Blender add-ons on the Daz Studio store
so Iā€™m really excited about this

Hi,

Iā€™ve updated to 5.5.1ā€¦and I have some queststions. First, where is Startup Speed Boost option? I havenā€™t found it in Operators panel. Second, can I change the auto-save file path or deactivate auto-save ? Now it saves quite a few folder and files on my desktopā€¦

Quick note please donā€™t use version 5.5.1 try and use version 5.5.2 because I just fixed an error in the DAZ content libraryā€¦ Yeah and you should see the startup speed boost in version 5.5.2ā€¦ Version 5.5.3 will do something about those files on your desktop I do apologize I guess youā€™re like me and you open up a lot of blender filesā€¦ Iā€™ll save them to the FAST auto save folder that comes up when you choose Incrementā€¦ Iā€™m glad you noticed the startup speed boost I designed it after we talked and itā€™s really really fastā€¦ Yeah all that information is under the save on startup tool tip feel free to use power save save on startup til then it will deactivate my save on starup Yeah and I appreciate any feedbackā€¦Note version 5.5.2 is taking a long time to upload to blender market but thereā€™s a link on the Blender Market download pageā€¦ to get it from Gum Roadā€¦or you could download it directly from me

Iā€™ll try and give version 5.5.3 uploaded by today
And check out the awesome new character backups up system I would love to hear your feedback on that as wellā€¦ just know when you need to edit any DAZ file itā€™s OK to just unzip one of those backup folders and then re zip it up I donā€™t know if I put that in the tool tips but Iā€™ll check right now

OK version 5.5.3 with the latest update is uploaded I tested it pretty good and you know you can feel confident when you open up a new file as long as you mentally take note of the file name youā€™re really safeā€¦ It saves in the FAST Auto-save folder just like the increment featureā€¦ As always, for more information read the informative tool tips

I test this all the time like 16 hours a day so if thereā€™s anything at all that comes up then Iā€™ll be right on it and just let me know if thereā€™s any issue at all I want to make sure youā€™re completely happy with the productā€¦

Also with the DAZ studio stuff FAST is in tthe final evaluation process for being included on the DAZ studio store so any input at all in that is a well appreciated. Anything a tool tip thatā€™s not informative enoughā€¦a feature that you wish were there or would work differentlyā€¦

Like to hear how you feel about the new character backup system as wellā€¦ I think itā€™s the coolest thing ever so far for DAZ studio and Blender you always know where your characters are and theyā€™re always safeā€¦ Pretty soon Iā€™m going to be adding a feature that will allow you to select one of those files and click a button and it will open up your character in DAZ studio for editā€¦ So be ready for that oneā€¦

Thanks a lot for the response and explanation. Now auto-save matter is fine, however, Iā€™m still not able to find that startup speed boost feature as you ever mentioned. Is there a toggle or something in Preferences? Iā€™m with 5.5.3 now, but it still take a long time to launch Blender when FAST is activatedā€¦ Thanks in adv.

I am so sorry about that yeah I put it in the update historyā€¦but I guess you missed it, thereā€™s so many updatesā€¦itā€™s on the OPERATOR SETTINGS panel itā€™s one of the FAST PANELS
yeah itā€™s basically lowering the timeout on the Internet connection Checker down to zero which makes it so you get like a 3 or 4 second startup
and I wrote the code so I know you donā€™t really even need that itā€™s just kind of a fail safe when you turn that down to zero just know in your mind if you have Internet connection
then you know you can feel confident that everything should work as normal
the only two functions that use the connection checker are the update and the install dependencies function that installs the libraries
but you donā€™t really need that if you donā€™t ever go into the FAST install folder and delete anything inside the LIB folder in there
the only thing you would have to worry about is the update and if you ever get an update error then you know just check your Internet connection
basically thatā€™sā€™ what Iā€™m saying on the tooltip
you will get a Internet not connected warning but I put messages on there and in the console and other places where you might run into issues
if you if you run into any issues when doing this let me know when Iā€™ll strengthen itā€¦
yeah and Iā€™m studying it all the time
saving a file is so important to me so no matter what it is
any concern at all about auto save just let me know and Iā€™ll make it better
reason why I could still never find an auto save when I use blenderā€™s default recover feature thatā€™s why I wrote thisā€¦

That was my misunderstanding! I thought it is set in Preference instead of Fast Panel. Now I change the settings and the launch speed is much faster! I will further play with it. Many thanks! :grin:

no problem thanks for bringing it to my attention in the first place!!!

šŸ™‚ **Easter Egg Alert** šŸ£

šŸ™‚ **There's a hyperlink to a FREE copy of the Fast Add-On!** šŸŽ

šŸ™‚ **Hidden Treasure on this Page** ā€” **Can you find it?** šŸ•µļøā€ā™€ļø

šŸ™‚ **Unlock One of the World's Largest Add-Ons with Over 200 Operators!** šŸŒ

šŸ™‚ **Happy Hunting**! šŸ”

giphy

Unfortunately, with the latest 5.8.6, Blender crashed on start-up. Now your add-on turns much heavier and heavier, I have no way but give it up for nowā€¦ Good luck.

Dont know what kind of system you have? It works fine on my system. No issues at all if you want to send me your system specs. I can fine tune so that it runs Better in your systemā€¦what brandā€¦cpuā€¦ of computer Do You Haveā€¦itā€™s going to get bigger but it always idles at zero percent cpuā€¦

Now the thing is is far as crashing what happens when you load an add on is it runs a register function and that loads all the operators and the panel and menus I havenā€™t changed that register function really that much so that shouldnā€™t be the reason of the crashā€¦ The way blender works is even if I put like 2000 more operators in there itā€™s not going to be really much slower because the operators arenā€™t loaded until you actually use themā€¦ and startup time is much lower because I really optimized that register functionā€¦ If youā€™re interested I do offer phone support so we can look at the issue I can log on to your computer with an app like Teamviewer, (donā€™t worry I used to be a computer repair professional and this is normal in that industry)ā€¦ and attempt to debug it and when we find out the exact reason for the crash Iā€™ll update the add on so that wonā€™t happen againā€¦then you donā€™t have to be without the features we offerā€¦

Python code isnā€™t really set in stone as far as if you add a lot of items to an add on will it be too heavy and break you could do anything with the Blender python api as far as optimizing it I could even make it optional so you only load the things you need when you need it if thatā€™s what it takes to run on your system either way let me know Iā€™m very good at developing software so we can figure this out together.

if he wanted to get the ball rolling Iā€™ll even have to do is press the windows key on your keyboard and type in CMD and then click on the app that says Command prompt then paste this in:

ā€œC:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.6\blender.exeā€

and start Blenderā€¦when it crashesā€¦Copy all the console output from the command prompt you opened and click report issues in FAST preferences and paste it in and send it to meā€¦ And trust me Iā€™m very fast at figuring out software issues so youā€™ll have a new version with none of the errors by tomorrowā€¦

yeah if you work with me just a little bit Iā€™m sure we could get everything fixed just keep in mind that weā€™re breaking new ground with this add on itā€™s one of the biggest add-ons in the world at over 3 million lines of code so there might be a little ebb and flow here and thereā€¦as we keep growingā€¦ and we are going to keep growingā€¦ Along with the size of blender which is 700 megabytes the total software package with my add on installed is only 2.25 gigabytes for example Adobe Software like Premiere Pro or After Effects usually comes in at 4 gigabytes so thereā€™s no reason at all why we canā€™t have add on coupled with Blender that is even twice the size of the size FAST add-on is nowā€¦ And still expect it to work appropriatelyā€¦ And if ever push comes to shove I have a programmer on my team thatā€™s pretty much the best in the world at Blender python and he could figure out anythingā€¦

Make sure youā€™re using the latest version because weā€™re only testing on the latest LTS which is blender 3.6.4

<CLICK UP ARROW FOR OLD UPDATE HISTORY=================>
< :smiley: OLD ONE IS 64,000 LINESā€¦HAD-A MAKE-A NEW ONE!!! :smiley: >
The default save path for scripts using the Fast Auto-save and Advanced Power Save features is now set to your Documents' Scripts folder. If you prefer the previous option to specify a custom path, please inform us and we'll reinstate it promptly.
<===================NEW UPDATE HISTORY========================>

Happy holidays!

Version 5.2.8 New Yearā€™s Update: [12-31-2023]

• NLTK Library Prompt: Users will now be prompted to install the NLTK library, a necessary component for upcoming features. Installation is straightforward via the Install Tab.
  • Save & Restart Blender Button Fix: Addressed an issue where the ā€˜Save and Restart Blenderā€™ button in the Properties Header wasnā€™t opening the original file in some instances.
  • FAST Append Sound & Markers: Resolved a compatibility issue where the operator wasnā€™t functioning correctly with certain add-ons installed.
  • Trim & Mark Audio Error Fix: Fixed an error causing the ā€˜Trim and Mark Audioā€™ button to remain lit, indicating successful resolution.
  • New Playback Controls Added ā€˜Play Forwardā€™ and ā€˜Play Reverseā€™ buttons to the Sequencer, Dope Sheet, and Graph Editor. These may blend in with the existing interface but are designed for efficiency and ease of use.

Ongoing Issues:

• Delete ID Operator on FAST Menu: Resolution in process.
  • Invoking New Workspace with FAST Button: May add .001. Currently addressing.
  • Restart Function in Compositor: Not working as intended in the Compositor and possibly other panels. Investigation and fixes are underway.

Version 6.2.6 Christmas Update: [12-29-2023]

• Improved alignment of buttons disabled via operator tab on the Timeline, Dope Sheet, Graph Editor, Node Editor, and Sequencer for better visual consistency.
  • Introduced a new operator across the Timeline, Dope Sheet, Graph Editor, and Sequencer to choose the amount of jump frames, along with updated, nicer icons for the jump buttons.
  • Addressed the intermittent slow startup issue. Itā€™s been improved, though monitoring continues for consistent performance.
  • Enabled Daz Horse 2 import with Daz Import operator and researching ways to easily import all non-human characters while ensuring usability.
  • Updated rotate XYZ, scale XYZ, and move XYZ on the transform panel to function only in object mode, as they were not effective in other modes.
  • Fixed an error in cycle cameras where scrolling the viewport was not possible after exiting camera view, due to an issue with Blender 4.0. Implemented a view all operator workaround.
  • Now, transform XYZ operators work on pose bones, though currently, you must undo to reset. Further improvements are in progress.
  • Enabled scrolling with the mouse wheel when the camera is active; previously, the auto resize feature would constantly reset the camera.

Known issues:

• Delete ID operator on FAST menu in process.
  • Invoking new workspace with FAST button may add .001.
  • Restart not working in the compositor, and possibly other panels as well.

Version 6.2.5 Christmas Update: [12-24-2023]

• Enhanced FAST Transform Panel with illuminated buttons/added non-intrusive lock warnings/Fixed many other issues on that panel.
  • Introduced ā€˜Film Transparentā€™ in Render Viewport settings for improved visual quality.
  • Optimized Advanced Local Mode to allow disabling in render for faster performance testing.
  • Updated DAZ import to optionally disable hair in both viewport and render for improved flexibility.
  • Removed unnecessary reminders checkbox from DAZ Studio tab, now utilizing Info Tab for timely notifications.
  • Enabled Screen Space Reflections in DAZ Import.

Version 6.2.2 Important Update: [12-20-2023]

• Implemented improved error handling for the DAZ import operator and refined code logic.
  • Resolved console functionality to support multiple Blender instances simultaneously.
  • Fixed a minor error in the FAST green screen keying process for smoother operation.

Version 6.2.1 Important Update: [12-17-2023]

• Fixed pink frame issue in green screen keying and enhanced Transform XYZ operators for a more intuitive experience.
  • Sped up the movement of ā€˜Move Keyframes & Clipsā€™.
  • Made render viewport settings more accessible.
  • Improved DAZ import operator with better error handling and logic.
  • Enhanced console functionality for multiple Blender instances.
  • Addressed minor errors in green screen keying.

Version 6.1.9 Important Update: [12-15-2023]

• Rolling out new green screen functionality, acknowledging a minor glitch with a pink frame on the first frame, which is easily fixed.
  • Improved automatic saving of preferences for more reliable changes.
  • Fixed theme settings errors and issues encountered during restarts after enabling the add-on.

Version 6.1.8 Important Update: [12-14-2023]

• Enhanced add-on startup processes and introduced the Selenium library.
  • Enhanced the Advanced Camera Setup operator for better performance in complex scenes.
  • Included comprehensive backup management for startup files.

Version 6.1.5 Important Update: [12-06-2023]

• Enhanced Move to Playhead button for precise keyframe handling.
  • Increased efficiency in 'ā€˜Deleting Unmarked Keyframesā€™.
  • Streamlined the deletion process with the ā€œDelete Selected Sectionsā€ operator.
  • Reinstated Increment Backup functionality for added file security.
  • Implemented a toggle between Action Editor & Shape Key Editor in the Dope Sheet.
  • Updated tool-tips for clarity and user convenience.

Version Update - [11-26-2023]: Version 6.1.4

• Console Warning and Crash Management: Addressed and implemented temporary fixes for undefined warnings in the console and occasional crashes during restarts.
  • Removal of Increment Backup Feature: Replace with Blenderā€™s native Revert feature for more efficient workflow management.
  • Play Button Added to FAST Menu: A new, easily accessible play button included at the base of the FAST menu for user convenience.
  • Resolved Frame Nodes Issues: Fixed malfunctioning frame nodes in both Compositor and Geometry Node Editor, ensuring smoother operation.
  • Disk Space Check for Restart Feature: Implemented a disk space check to enhance the reliability of the restart feature, alongside removing the confirmation message for a streamlined experience.
  • New Toolkit Panel Functionality: Added a crucial button for deleting start and end marker pairs, corresponding sequencer clips, and keyframes, a feature previously missing and now tested for efficiency.
  • Enhanced FAST Bookmarks Operator: Upgraded to automatically create a bookmarks file if one doesnā€™t exist, preventing specific errors.

Version Update - [11-24-2023]: Version 6.1.2

• Refined FAST Restart Functionality: Improved the restart process to prevent unnecessary restarts during save failures, coupled with more obvious error reporting.

Version Update - [11-21-2023]: Version 6.1.1

• Critical Update to FAST Auto Save: Addressed error affecting the auto-save feature, ensuring a error-free saving process.

Version Update - [11-18-2023]: Version 6.1.0

• Enhanced FAST Append Operator: Updated the operator to provide more detailed progress information in the console, making it more user-friendly.
  • Improved Selection in Collections: Enhanced the selection process for objects in nested collections in ā€˜Select Objects in COLLā€™ operator above Outliner, now enabling recursive selection for a more intuitive user experience.
  • Auto Save Update for Unpackable Textures: Introduced a new alert mechanism, complete with an audible beep, to warn users immediately about unpackable texture.

** SKIPPED VERSION 6.0.1 - 6.0.9 HERE (WERE BLENDER 4.0 UPGRADES)**

Version Update - 11-15-2023: Version 6.0.0
(v5.9.9 info includeed here also)

JUST RELEASED 5.9.8 WITH BELOW FEATURES,
& ALREADY MADE A FEW FIXES, WHICH ARE,

1. Console not hiding after update.
  2. Made Fast Add-on Panel nicer.
  3. Made Fast Theme 1 nicer.
  4. Made Fast Green Screen nicer.
  5. Fixed update properties from CSV, in Top Add-ons Panel.

Version Update - 11-13-2023: Version 5.9.8

• Verbose tool-tips on Extras Menu for better clarity and guidance.
  • Enabled toggling on/off any operator and panel in Fast Preferences, offering a fully modular experience. Now itā€™s truly 100-add-ons-in-1!
  • Auto-saving of all properties in the Operators tab. No need to manually save preferences anymore.

Fixes and Additions:

• Resolved issue with theme auto-save file state not remaining active.
    This preference now auto-saves.
  • Restored ā€˜Paste Clipā€™ as a Sequencer menu option.
  • Polished Restart Feature now with new settings for closing Blender windows and also centered most message box locations.
  • ā€˜Show Preferences on Headerā€™ now centers preferences on the screen. Enhanced user experience with better window and message box positioning.
  • Improved installation of TOP ADD-ONS to work when missing script file errors occur in Blender Add-on Preferences.
  • New Fast Add-on Panel with reordering/renaming features for N-panel add-ons. Saves preferences between updates.
  • The Fast Animation Toolkit Panel, New panel streamlines the facial mocap editing process. Spend more time performing and less on editing with features like ā€˜Trim and Mark Audioā€™, ā€˜Delete Unmarked Keyframesā€™, ā€˜Move Keyframes & Clipā€™ and many more new options.
  • Changed Fast Key Panel to Fast Green Screen with improved aesthetics. We have the 3 fastest ways to create characters for scenes: DAZ Studio Auto-Import, 1-Click Green Screen Keying, and the Fast Animation Panel + FaceIt.
  • Added ā€˜Silence Thresholdā€™ reminder file in Fast settings for convenience.
  • Moved ā€˜Delete Backup Filesā€™ operator from Extras to File Menu for intuitive access. Also added ā€˜Save Copyā€™ and ā€˜Delete Startup Fileā€™ options.
  • Converted ā€˜Add Audioā€™ button to ā€˜Add Video and Audioā€™ for enhanced functionality.

Emergency Update!! Version 10-26-203: Version 5.9.7

• Verbose Tool-Tips Verbose tool-tips have been added to the extras menu for enhanced clarity.
  • Interface Adjustments Delete Hierarchy and Select Objects buttons have moved to the auto-mode menu at the top right of the interface. They are now fixed and ready to use. Now the outliner can be resized while still accessing these buttons. See how compact you can make the outliner while retaining functionalityā€”no need for the new collection button!
  • Console Display Fix An error that caused the console to not appear when the show console button was clicked has been fixed. Weā€™re monitoring this function for any inconsistencies to improve the show console restart experience and ensure it closes all extra windows more effectively.

Now with 6.3.3, when start Blender 4.0.2, it always show system Console window, why is that? How to disable it ?

Thank you very much for bringing that to my attentionā€¦Iā€™m installing version 6.3.3 to test right now ā€¦iā€™ll let you know as soon as I find something outā€¦

O K Iā€™m not getting that issue ā€¦Can you go here and delete your startup file and user preferences file and restart and see if it happens againā€¦
ā€œC:\Users\W\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\configā€
I just installed the update and restarted a few times and didnā€™t see the console come upā€¦
After the issue has occurredā€¦
Can you copy your full console output also and click the report issues button and paste it in there and send it,
Just put a good subject line on there so I know itā€™s from you if you could.
Iā€™m an ex-computer repair professional so youā€™re in good handsā€¦ No need to worry.

Iā€™ve send the issue with Name: Always popup Console Window - from crosswind

If I deactivate FAST add-on in Preferences, thereā€™s no Console window pops upā€¦ So I believe itā€™s from FASTā€¦ pls help to check.

1 Like

Donā€™t worry about it, weā€™ll fix it tomorrow. I know that addon like the back of my handā€‹:+1:ā€¦ Tonight to prepare, can you download teamviewer windows software and create an account and log in and have it ready and then it will be quickā€¦I could just get your teamviewer number and password. And then I could log on to your computer and see what the issue is? Donā€™t worry, Iā€™m an ex computer professional, so youā€™re in good handsā€¦ Itā€™s kind of important because I have to add print statements to the code likely and check the output in the to see if I could figure out whatā€™s happeningā€¦ If you donā€™t want to do that, Iā€™ll ask GPT whatā€™s the most optimal way to do this isā€¦ What time is good for youā€¦ And if youā€™d like to leave your number I could call youā€¦ I used to do customer service for AT&Tā€¦so for that youā€™re in good hands too!:+1:

I just looked at the console output. And yeah, there is an error message,

Itā€™s either the settings files for the add on panel got deleted by mistakeā€¦Or I forgot to add error checking for itā€¦ and or made sure it was auto-recreated if it got deletedā€¦

so can you verify that you have the FAST Settings, folder in Documentsā€¦ And that thereā€™s two files that say add-ons insideā€¦and if not can you go to the below directoryā€¦After closing down blender and delete itā€¦and reinstall the addonā€¦

If thereā€™s some reason why Windows says you canā€™t delete it. Then just go inside the FAST directoryā€¦ and delete all the folders insideā€¦ That should workā€¦ and then Delete the main FAST directoryā€¦and let me know what happens.

[drive]:[root folder]\Blender Foundation[version][number]*scripts*\addons\FAST

For example;

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.4\3.4*scripts*\addons\FAST

Donā€™t worry weā€™ll fix this tomorrow so it doesnā€™t happen againā€¦

I tried this way but the issue still persistsā€¦ Itā€™s not convenient for me to use Teamviewer by now. No problem. Iā€™m waiting for the fix. Thank you !!

1 Like