[Addon] Fast Lattice [0.6a]

Give me some time :wink:

Can’t expect the best quality with only a few days of work thrown at it.

0 Likes

(Darcvizer) #42

Can I ask you quickly solve the problem with moving flat grate?

0 Likes

Just released version 0.5a, this version provides additional shortcut options, fixes issues with rotated and transformed objects and offers a much better method for orienting the lattice to the selection, next on the todo list; planar orientation for flat selections.

0 Likes

The downside to using lattices is that they must always be rectangular, the modal implementation will offer a cage based deformer or a lattice depending on your needs, the cage deformer can be thought of as an unsubdivided or highly simplified version of your selection.

0 Likes

Just released the addon for free, there wasn’t a great deal of support I thank those that have given me support so far, I will be continuing the work on this addon so don’t you guys worry!

0 Likes

(Michael Knubben) #46

I do worry, but feel free to prove me wrong!

0 Likes

lol, no need to worry, I am actually working on the planar conforming method right now. I have shifted the majority of my focus however to another addon in the works that will be hands down the best naming tool available, not to say that name panel isn’t the best available, I think most would agree that it is.

0 Likes

(Darcvizer) #48

planar lattice not work direction axis

0 Likes

Sorry, that entry wasn’t supposed to be available in the menu yet, I disabled it as the feature is not yet implemented.

0 Likes

(Darcvizer) #50

I’m glad this is in the plans, thanks

0 Likes

0.5b: Improved the accuracy of the two methods by a good amount, also eliminated created lattices with 0 dimensions on any particular axis, this would prevent adjusting the lattice in directions perpendicular to the axis in question. I also added a world aligned method.

0 Likes

Added basic object mode support, it still needs some polish in the orientation department as it tends to produce a world aligned lattice, however it is still a nice time saver, enjoy!

0 Likes

Looks like I messed up selection support for edit mode, I will look into this.

0 Likes

Fixed an issue where created lattices did not respect vertex selection in edit mode properly.

0 Likes

(fiendish55) #55

This is a spot on addon blender lattice sucks bad it only works in object mode is slow to add and overally not user friendly, I have been using easy lattice to date but this looks like its going to take it legacy :slight_smile: Thanks for developing this

0 Likes

Thank you :), I find that it saves a lot of time and makes the lattice a more goto deforming method. I am really glad I added object mode support.

The orientation produced is not always the best, still working on that :), keep in mind this orientation has to be calculated based on vertex information so there is no real shortcuts.

0 Likes

Improved the the accuracy of the orientation method, still not perfect but it is getting there.

If the accuracy is all the way down the minimal bounds is used otherwise based on the accuracy the oriented bounds is calculated.

0 Likes

(Michael Knubben) #58

The Gumroad link is still at version 5a. Took me ages to figure out why it wouldn’t update!

0 Likes

(Michael Knubben) #59

Having now tested it, I still don’t get good results. This is what happens with the latest version, on the highest accuracy: https://gyazo.com/9e4288cbafdb1796ea961092f2e0123f

0 Likes

Sheesh, sorry about that completely forgot to update on that end.

I haven’t actually spent any time on using an alternative orienting method, other then research, for such situations.

0 Likes