[Addon] IOR Values - A searchable list of 247 indeces of refraction

Yikes! I missed a big one there! :stuck_out_tongue:

I just popped through the code and made it skip that functionality altogether when using Cycles. So, no “Copy to SSS” checkbox, it’ll just print the value to the “IOR” field. :slight_smile:

I’m glad everything else is good with it. If you do come across anything, be sure to let me know and I’ll check it out. :slight_smile:

Download

It works flawlessly now, thanks a bunch

Excellent!

I’m glad you’re finding it useful! :slight_smile:

A couple of small imporvements:

• The chosen IOR value is now copied to the clipboard (just paste and go)
  • Some slight adjustments to the UI, including tightening it up a bit

Enjoy, and have fun! :slight_smile:

Download

Nice work Aaron :slight_smile:

just a hint:
if you don’t need to access sublayout vars later on, there’s no need to store them in individual vars, like

row1 = layout.row()
row2 = layout.row()
row1.prop(…)
row2.prop(…)

can be also done like:

row = layout.row()
row.prop(…)
row = layout.row() # overwrite row var
row.prop(…)

the latter is how trunk scripts do, but just something cosmetically :wink:

a suggestion:
your addon has no category, as there’s no Material cat in stock Blender. But: you can simply set your addon to be category “Material” and there will be a new cat shown in User prefs! I think Material would be the right category and it makes sense to create this new one, there will potentially be new addons for material related stuff and they would go into this cat too.

Hiya! :smiley:

I’m working on another addon which has more complex layouts than I’m used to, so I’ve gotten into the habbit of naming rows and such like that so I know exactly where everything is being placed. :slight_smile:

I had no idea you could name new categories like that! I thought you had to conform to what Blender already has listed. I’ve made the change and updated the Tracker.

Download

Changed:
(Completely rewritten UI layout and implementation)

• UI is now appended to the Subsurface Scattering panel (as well as keeping it’s own panel for Cycles)
  • If Subsurface Scattering is disabled, no values will be searched for - keeping the UI clean and logical)
  • All UI elements are hidden, apart from the search field and toggle button (see below), until a search query is detected

Added:

• “Quicklist” - a menu of some common materials / elements for convenience
  • Button to toggle between “search mode” and “quicklist mode”, changing the UI accordingly

…and I have another couple of ideas for further improvements.

Rock on, and enjoy! :slight_smile:

DOWNLOAD

Uploaded fixed version, wasn’t respecting the restricted context on register (v0.2.1):

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/download.php/153/467/31666/24066/materials_ior_values-v0-2-1.zip

not any link is working, can anyone share the zip file here directly please…