LeoMoon LightStudio 2.5.2 is out.

• Fixed light going outside of LightPanel
  • Added LighPanel resizing
  • Minor bugfixes
5 Likes

Will it work with 2.83 and 2.90? Thanks

1 Like

Nice!

Is LeoMoon LightStudio fully usable with an add-on renderer like LuxCoreRender? That’d be great. I guess it should work, as you’re using Blender area lights or mesh objects with image textures, or not?

Currently Luxcore cannot process all cycles nodes, so you could set up a Lux emission mat for the light object. But of course it would be nice if leomoon light studio would do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bkjernisted, I tested with 2.83.2 and 2.90 and it works.
@Metin_Seven, I don’t think Lux will support all those masking options. I have never used lux. I would need a sample node setup to see if it’s possible.

2 Likes

@leomoon84 For me it would be completely sufficient if the color and the strength were (roughly) correct. Because of the brightening you have to adjust the rendering anyway (with Light groups).
I don’t use cycles as final renderer. It would be nice if LeoMoonLightStudio could talk to Luxcore at least partially.
emission_lux
If lux reads the cycles node it would only be the emission color and the value in hsv mode.

Thanks for the info. I’ll look into this. Don’t know exactly how the switching workflow will work yet.

1 Like

Thanks to Krzysztof Czerwiński for supporting LeoMoon LightStudio:

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. If I let LeoMoon’s material group ungroup and let luxcore read cycles nodes, I get these errors from luxcore. Since luxcore can read more and more cycles nodes, it might be enough to simply resolve the node group in the future. But this may take some time and probably it will not work with all nodes. Maybe this screenshot and link can help.

Hello,

LeoMoon LightStudio 2.6.0 is out. Here’s a short video on what has changed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Al3DXGBYg

Use this new version for new projects only.

3 Likes