Manuel Bastioni Lab, turns Blender in a laboratory for 3d humanoids creation

Hello everyone!

Maybe somebody find this interesting or helpful on how to add realistic muscles to ManuelBastioni Lab with X-Muscle System. Both add-ons are compatible with each others, intuitive and easy to use.

Best Regards!
Albert

Lab 1.7.0 will include the new generation of base meshes: here is the WIP of new muscular male topology.

Hello!

Really impressed about the lab so far!

I have been trying to add some clothes to my characters, however all the clothes I create says it cannot be fitted with “Proxy fitting”.

Can someone give me a basic example of clothes which can be fitted?

Pretty cool!

http://www.manuelbastioni.com/illustrations/gallery/gallery_170_01.png

Looks amazing!

Does the preview show the actual mesh with just subdivision, or has a displacement map been applied?

Will there be completely separate topologies for muscular, underweight and overweight characters? In that case, will the morphs allow the intermediate stages to still be accomplished? E.g. start with the underweight and add lots of fat morphs, or start with the overweight and reduce the fat level, and end up with a somewhat similar end result? And of course the same with muscular-underweight and muscular-overweight.

Very interesting to follow the development and direction you take the Lab, Manuel. Truely impressive on both the technical and artistic levels.

Thank you Taco. I reproduced the bug and I will fix it in 1.6.2. It happens only for male characters.

Looking at your screenshot I see that you have selected “spine01”, that’s a piece of the skeleton.
So it’s the case number three in list of possible reasons: “Selection of a non-mesh object”.

You have to select two meshes: the character and the cloth.

In lab 1.6.2 I will improve the GUI usability of this tool to avoid this kind of problem.

Just subdivision. I’m spending weeks to study the best topology with the optimal balance between details, polygons count, morphing flexibility and deformations during the animation.

Will there be completely separate topologies for muscular, underweight and overweight characters?

Yes.

In that case, will the morphs allow the intermediate stages to still be accomplished? E.g. start with the underweight and add lots of fat morphs, or start with the overweight and reduce the fat level, and end up with a somewhat similar end result?

The lab will prevent the creation of non-optimized meshes, to avoid the wasting of vertices and ugly artifacts created forcing the topology.

For this reason the range will be limited. Some examples: the underweight base will work in a range from the extreme emaciated to athletic skinny, the overweight base will vary from an average sedentary character to a very extreme overweight and so on…

Very interesting to follow the development and direction you take the Lab, Manuel. Truely impressive on both the technical and artistic levels.

Thank you.

This is an exciting direction!

The more I think about it the more this seems like the optimal solution when anatomically based topology and quality has the highest priority. It undoubtedly is more initial work than a single unimesh, but I have no doubt this will pay of in the long run, seeing the ambition of the project. The morphology ranges described seem to, for all practical purposes, cover all relevant character variants even if there is no actual overlap.

Good luck!!

Okay, it must have been a more recent build that released every once in a while.

Excellent work Manuel! I can’t wait for the next version… but I’m afraid that you’re so good, some big company will come along and snatch you away from us… you’ll be making Pixar and Disney and Marvel and Shades of Gray movies and will be too busy to think about us lowly folks here at BA. Anyway… thanks for all you’re doing.

Is there a way to use the makehuman genitalia (http://www.makehumancommunity.org/proxies.html) with manuelbastionilab human model?

Edit: Any hints/link for other sources of genitalia which may be compatible with MBLab?

Hi, I wanted to tell you I discovered a missing Shape key. The model has both min/max versions of Expressions_eyeClosedL, but seems only to have ‘min’ version of Expressions_eyeClosedR. Which explains why I can’t get the right eye to close.

It seems to only happen with the Caucasian female. This is with version 1.6.1.

Thank you. It was reported some time ago and I scheduled it as Task 1.6.2/005 http://www.manuelbastioni.com/progress162.php

Thank you!
Don’t worry, I will never leave Blender!!

The ear implemented for the new base meshes:

You ask and we shall provide! In an effort to organize all external resources, I created the following wiki: http://manuelbastionilab.wikia.com/wiki/Manuel_Bastioni_Lab_Wiki

It would be great that if everyone who is active here, could share his/her discoveries, creative use-cases and how you solved your difficulties there! That is probably easier than going through the now 59 pages this forum has. Let’s create a hub of all the resources together!

Manuel Bastioni, if you could link this page on your homepage, then we can manage all the collecting and organization of the resources out there in the wild :slight_smile:

Is there any way to make a human in the given below specification

height 188 cm
shoulder 42 cm
chest 83cm
wiast 61 cm
hip 86 cm

If yes then how can i make the female model. Thanks

the new models look like they are turning out quite nice…and if they are all quads, should be easy to do reduction.

It will be a strange question but , are you planning to add genitals ?

This is amazing, if kinda scary to look at in the render.

could make for a saw movie poster,though