MESHmachine

Very happy to hear that Peetie! If you have any further questions or suggeststions. Let me know!

Thanks for implementing the menu to special menu.
Just a request: is it possible that you include a function to interpolate between two different bevel ?
This would be very handy, too!

You can do that using the Unf*ck tool, IF you extend the sweep edges like in my example.

I have a taper setting planed for the ChangeWidth tool, which allow you to do this with ChangeWidth, Fuse and Refuse, and without the need for the extended sweep edges.

ok great, thank you for the tip.

All bevels under control. Made all bevels here with MeshMachine. Able to unbevel, change width of chamfer and bevel again.
Unfck tool is works good in most cases: sometimes you want to have a wider bevel but would be clamped if clamp was one (overshoot). Now you can ignore that and unfck it.
The only things I don’t control yet, is shading (flat shading, smootshading, Edge split, auto smooth, etc i such way there are zero artifacts in the render.)

Next step was creating something with Hardops and then un-quad and unf*ck the overshoots to get controllable bevels. Beautifully done here:

sstep… adjustment. holy…

What do you mean? I could solve it with step?
What I mean is that I can do anything with the mesh once I can control bevels, like turning them back to chamfers and even unchamfer and even start al over again.
When placing a cube > hardops: Csharp > Bwidth, there is a triangle in the corner of the bevel with which I cannot work with in MeshMachine. What has Sstep (step?) to do with it?

Modal Change Width will be in the preview release tomorrow. Feels great.

Great stuff Peetie.

[QUOTE=MACHIN3;3305904][/QUOTE]
Hi…
Can I ask which theme are you using? looks nice…
Could you share? If not, that’s ok…
Cheers…

blender noob question … how do you change the bevel width in the above video without having to click and drag the slider in the t-panel? :eyebrowlift2:

That’s what’s going in the next update, so just wait for him to say it’s available. :slight_smile:

I thought the following is handy for those how just started using the addon:

1 Like

@Peetie Thanks, that is a great illustration! :slight_smile:

I’ve added the preview release 0.5.4 to gumroad and blender market.

• add ‘Modal Operators’ toggle to prefs and MESHmachine menu
    • default ON
  • modal Change Width
    • mouse Left/Right for width
    • R key for reverse (on single polygon chamfers)
  • modal Turn Corner
    • mouse Left/Right for width of “short side”
    • mouse wheel up/down to select one of two corner orientations
    • S key to set sharps (default ON)
    • B key to set bweights (default OFF)
  • add sharps and bweight to TurnCorner()
1 Like

It’s the “Rtheme”, it comes with Blender and was created by the very talented Paweł Łyczkowski

Yes that’s what the modal operators are. Change Width and Turn Corner are modal in 0.5.4. Others will follow soon.

looks great! definitely getting these tools soon :slight_smile: keep up the good work dude.

This is really awesome, some tools in here I have wished to have for years!
Small request: It would be nice to have cursor wrapping on the modal operators! I guess my scene scale only allows for very small modal adjustments which is causing me to constantly hit the edge of the screen with my cursor.

This is holy grail of modeling. Are you first or it was possible in another software too? (not nurbs)

Thanks man! Let me know what you think, when you do!

For Change Width, you can already press shift or ctrl to change the amount. There’s will also be a scale mod setting in a bit, to globally adjust things like this. This way you can fine tune the behavior to the scene scale you are working in.

I wanted to work like this, so I build it. The first page of the docs has a bit more detail on my motivation: https://machin3.io/MESHmachine/docs/
I’m not aware of any 3d app that does it like this. I was made aware of the flow connect tool 3ds max, which in essence does a part of what the Fuse in MESHmachine does, see http://polycount.com/discussion/comment/2625039/#Comment_2625039 and the following discussion.