[ADDON][MostlyComplete]Add Grating

Are you sure you’re running the most recent version of the script, SaltyCowdawg? … the filename of the current download is “add_mesh_grating3.py”, and it does not contain a line corresponding to what you posted in your error message.

Perhaps try removing “add_mesh_grating.py”, then download, install and try again? (the error does not appear to be tied to operating system - it’s saying there’s no ‘rotation’ property associated with the class).

I’ll do some checking @mfm and see

Yep, some inner faces. Shouldn’t be to hard to get rid of. I’ll post an updated version within the next day or so

Here is the newest version so far, version 0.4, beveling edges was suggested. There are two ways to do it, to add a bevel modifier via the script which would bevel the whole mesh or just bevel the edges on top that are on the inside. To me just beveling some of the edges looks better and seems nicer, but actually doing so seem very hard. Suggestion welcome on which seems better

Wonderful - thank you for the bugfix! (^^)… regarding the bevelling, it’s not too painful to do a face loop select of one of the inside face loops, Shift-G select similar normal faces, then face loop deselect the outer faces and Ctrl-B, when needed. I must admit I haven’t used the script “in anger” yet, so if nobody else is interested in bevelling, I wouldn’t waste any time on scripting it <(^^) (the maths, to support multiple bevel segments as well as the corners, looks… quite hard o.o).

tried this with the bevel modifier and got all kinds of errors, from just corners on the right worked great and left 45’s had all vert’s in one place.to… aaaaa you know it makes a good grate, you can make good adjustments.just some errors with bevel modifier . don’t want to beat it up to much.

no problem, comments are helpful. I’ll play around with the bevel modifier on it some and see if I can find the issue

Seems to me like that might be caused by just to large of a bevel. There are no doubled vertices or interior faces, and in my tests it looked ok. If you don’t mind posting a photo of the issue that would be great.

One “bug” I found was when units are scaled within blender (for instance I use a scale factor of .1) make-gratings seems to ignore that setting. When I use the operator panel and select a width and height the actual height and width are one tenth of what I set.