Introducing Noevu Batch Bake - The ultimate addon for any game designer! Easily create stunning lightmaps for your game in half the time! Conveniently integrated directly into Blender 3D.
About Path Tracing:
To make computer graphics looks realistic you need to physically simulate the light. Path tracing naturally simulates many effects of the light such as soft shadows, depth of field, motion blur, caustics, ambient occlusion, and indirect lighting. However, this process tends to take a lot of time, since it requires many samples in order to have a realistic result. Even with many samples the user can often still run into the issue of “noise”.
Why you need this addon:
Noise ruins the realism of your work, defeating the purpose of path tracing.
When baking, even with a higher sample count there is only slight improvement. It is not worth taking more of your valuable time with only mediocre result!
Thankfully, now you can use the Batch Bake Blender Addon with Texture Denoising feature.
Many great games and simulations are optimized best by pre-computing this light simulation before the run-time, this process is called light map “bake”. Some games are simply too slow when computing the lighting at run-time, and require very expensive hardware to run affecting sales and making them impossible to run on mobile devices.
However, even with baking, we still have the “noise” problem, and applying simple 2D image filters for light map textures does not work for many reasons. For example, it will ignore things like adjacent faces, edges, normals, difference of shapes between faces and other features of the 3D mesh.
Noevu Batch Bake Is the ultimate solution for all of these problems! The Denoise option on it enables a texture noise reduction that considers the mesh geometry and gets rid of the unwanted noise.
Save days of work in seconds:
Get Noevu Batch Bake Blender Addon and Noevu Texture Tool
And it can do even more! check out the other features:
- Bake Denoiser: uses a high performance mesh texture denoising solution ( noise reduction filter / denoise )
- Wrap Borders: Create wraparound margins solving artifacts near mesh edges
- Automatic POT (Power Of Two) Resolution: Set texture resolution to appropriate POT using object surface area
- Pixel Perfect Pack UV Mapping: Blender’s built-in “Snap To Pixels” can cause errors on small margins, instead, this Lightmap Pack based operator generates pixel aligned UV Maps with pixel precision margins
- Per Job render engine: Allow user to specify which render engine should be used per job, preventing unexpected results
- Per Pass enabled layers: Allow user to specify layers that should be enabled at baking pass, preventing unexpected results
- Per Job or Object Automatic/Manual Texture Resolution settings
- Per Job or Object Automatic/Manual UV Mapping settings
- Per Object Target Group: Per object “bake selected to active” using objects group (allow specify ray distance and cage too)
- Automatically change bounces when only using direct light to get the same results in less time
- After Bake Auto-Save: Save a .blend file on temporary folder after baking
Have a question? Feel free to mail Noevu support(at)noevu(dot)com.
- Very easy to install, a small guide will be automatically sent to your e-mail.
- Lightweight, does not affect Blender performance when not used.
- Batch Bake are GPLv3 licensed (you can customize it if needed)
- The denoising feature spawns a separated software for high performance texture denoising, supporting Windows 7/8/10 x64, macOS Sierra+ and Linux x64 (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Certified), simple installation by pressing “Download and Install Recomended Texture Tool” and filling two fields at add-ons preferences, by purchasing Batch Bake you earn a 3-computers-limited usage license
Made using old Batch Bake (updated version coming soon):
See it live at: vcasagrande.com
Available now on: https://gum.co/noevu-batch-bake
Act now and enjoy the alpha version special discount!