The PBR Texture Bakery is an addon for Blender that allows you to bake complex Cycles-materials to PBR-textures:
The approach is similar to what Substance Painter does: You are able to use a powerful material-node system to create complex materials and finally bake them down to textures. The baked textures will (almost) produce the same results like your complex Blender-materials do if you use them in a PBR metallic-workflow (e.g. in game-engines) because the bakery is based on the Principled BSDF (PBR shader). It also comes around with some useful tools like texture channel packing (e.g. UE4, Unity, Sketchfab …), texture-transfer from one UVMap to another etc. This closes the gab in Blender when it comes to PBR-texture baking.
What can it do specifically?
Bakes Cycles-materials for a PBR metallness-workflow:
- Ambient Occlusion
- Sub Surface Scattering Color
- Sub Surface Scattering Mask
Export textures to specific platform targets:
- Default with OpenGL Normals
- Default with DirectX Normals (inverted green channel)
- UE4 (MRO channel packing)
- Unity (Metallic/Softness packing)
- Bakes textures in different resolutions 32 x 32 - 8192 x 8192
- Ships with an easy to use and powerfull Shader-Node which combines Principled BSDF, Emission, Glass and Transparency
- Bakes objects with multiple materials from indiviual UVMaps to one texture-atlas
- Possible to transfer textures from one UVMap to another UVMap
- Possible to exclude certain faces from baking
- Bakes also flipped and overlapping UVs like a charm!
- Possible to export every baked texture at the same time
- Non destructive workflow
Baked multiple objects and materials to textures atlas: