Silhouette [0.5] [2.79]

It’s not stuck in silhouette mode.

Turning on silhouette mode simply activates a bunch of blender internal view-port settings, in your case, after you turned the silhouette mode on, and off, some of those settings aren’t turned back to the previous values.

I’m amused Blender doesn’t simply have a black MATCAP to achieve this silhouette effect. You had to turn system lights off for this. I found it extremely hilarious. LOL

I’m amused Blender doesn’t simply have a black MATCAP to achieve this silhouette effect. You had to turn system lights off for this. I found it extremely hilarious. LOL

Right, this is still alpha code, something I wrote in a few hours, providing a quick toggle in a familiar location.

The usefull addon. Thanks

I don’t think I commented on your code. Your tool here is very useful.

I have just pushed some changes to the main branch, let me know if this fixes your issues on restoring the viewport

Hello! Will this addon be seeing any updates for Blender 2.8?

Not sure, currently I adjust the shading menu to display a silhouette state in the viewport this coupled with layouts works nicely.

1 Like

Hiya, we adopted the Silhouette addon awhile back and I’ve since made it also compatible with 2.8 (using the same approach as Proxe you run in the video above, but hey - a button is always easier, right?). Happy to send a pull request to the original repository if one exists, don’t want to claim credit to the whole thing!

waiting 2.8ver

I wonder if blender will ship with a silhouette lighting preset, it is very easy to make it, turn off all the lights when editing a studio light and save in preferences.

This addon was originally created when it wasn’t so simple to achieve with builtin tools, as such it is unlikely that i will develop it further.

yes,I hope too .and need a keymap for it. Quick switch silhouette mode and normal mode.this is very useful for character artist.

I could try to convert for 2.8, or look into it. I’ve converted 2-3 of other scripts from 2.79, fairly easily so far. But depends how complicated it is or not.

1 Like

were you able to?

Oh, I totally forgot about this. Was peaking at the code now, but might be a bit of work.
I’d have to look more into it. I wonder if some functions even work/are supported anymore.

thank you!