[Addon] Space Nebula Group Node

Hi there,

First time poster to this forum - I’ve been experimenting with Blender for a while, using it to create space nebula like effects using the nodes system. To make my work sharable, I’ve created a “Nebula” Node Group for download.

Screenshots, a tutorial, and downloads are available at my website, but until I reach over 10 posts I cannot post a URL! Google my name and you should find the link.

I’d be interested to hear if people find it useful at all and any feedback you make have.

Thanks!

~Mark

Attachments

2 Likes

Jesus, those are some beautiful nebulae. Here’s the link to your site:

http://www.markkingsnorth.com/

Thanks 0ptikz!

No problem dude. The least I could do was drop the link for you. I’ve been playing with this for about ten minutes, and I have to say, the spacey types around here are going to love you for this. Expect marriage proposals :eyebrowlift:

It renders blazingly fast too. Wow.

Yes I was surprised by that myself when I first put it all together (that’s Blender at work though, not me!). Just by tweeking a few parameters you can quickly get different space scenes.

Thanks Mark!, congratulations.

damn thats out of this world.

Awesome! Thx for share it!
I play a bit with it and it makes all time fun.
But how to make the glowing rim light like in the orangegreen example?
Is this more a postproduction process by masking out the clouds separatly?
Therefore it would be create to have an on/off for all elements.
Can you give a tip how you have done this?

Thanks so much, simply awesome work! Really beautifully done.

Really nice results. Love the emissions, they really sell it.

Hi mkbreuer,

The rim light is not post production; it is controlled by the “Large Suns Mix” parameter. The closer the value is to 1.0, the brighter contrast the rim should be. You can then control how bright the light is by slowly increasing the “Large Sun Ramp Pos 1” parameter.

You can download the orangegreen example on my website towards the end of my blog post.

I am working on the next version of the Node Group which will give you finer control over the brightness of the rim lights as you call it.

Really great results, thanks.

Responsive and amazing :slight_smile:

Thank you for the tip! I will try it out…

Very very nice addon you made there. I did several attempts in the past on this but I always miserably failed. You can be sure that I will use it in my space scenes.

Amazing! Thank you for sharing. :smiley:

…and there goes making progress on my current project, because now I have to go make some cool space scenes.

Really nice looking - and thanks for sharing!

Also from me a big thank you for this wonderful “Nebula” Node Group!!!

I’ve made some additions to the node group so that you can better control the the rim light and ambient lights around the clouds. All other controls are the same, and the instructions are now embedded in the text editor under “Nebula Node Instructions.”

You can download a new version 1.1 .blend file from my blog.

Thank you so much for all the positive comments, it makes all the hard work worth it!

1 Like

With this update, you’ve managed to upgrade this from good to superlative. Much easier to get great results now.

Attachments