Speedflow [$] - Modeling Addon

Hi guys, I made some videos to show my workflow to make editable assets with Speedflow and Companion.

Sorry for my english !

We will update speedflow and companion beta soon :wink:

Hope you like this non destructive workflow, I use it for my professionnal work, it alloaws me to make my models and edit them until the final validation.
It’s really usefull :wink:

Yeeey! Just purchased SpeedFlow! Now I have full collection of your awesome addons!!
Thank you!! Waiting for new addons, because it seems i have pitiwazou addons addiction :smiley:

I have one question if you don’t mind, according to Tubify tool
Using default blender Bevel Object, sometimes i get some awful results with non constant thickness

which is not acceptable especially when you working with architectural elements.
(for now only one way to make it correctly, using shear tools)

Is speedflow can keep constant thickness and in if no, is there any possibility to fix this in future releases?
Thank you

Hi,

This is a blender issue, cannot fix it since we use blender tools.
Like you said, the only way is to use the scale on the radius, but we cannot choose the axis like on the skin modifier, it’s too bad.

Ok, I see. Hope this behaviour will be fixed in 2.8

use 2d curve

Woo, it’s a miracle!!!
Thank you so much, Darcvizer!!!

The issue is that you are limited to flat curve.

It’s been awhile since I messed with it but I think one of the free pipe tool addons had a workaround/solution for this.

I would like to know which, since this “bug” has been bugging me for a while.

hey wazou, #302 those demo vids look awesome! very impressive
looking forward to the new version. thanks!

You can test the beta versions right now :wink:

I tried 2d curve but that did not work.

Attachments

But you have on the screenshot 3d

I know. Can you try it with the newest version. I just get a straight pipe. This is just a screenshot to show what I get b4 I hit 2d. Here is the 2d result. Thanks Darcviser.

Attachments

I chose the wrong region. . .

Thank you Darcviser. What do you mean “I chose the wrong region…”

How do you do in this situation ?

This is bad that it doesn’t work in 3D Shape mode.

I add this on the todo list for the next update.

Thanks, pitiwazou.

If you could solve that, it would be huge help and relief for many of us :slight_smile:

I extracted a 3 sided door profile from a cube…separate by selection. Then I rotated the extracted curve to the horizontal position.I then created a bezier curve which I snapped to all 4 vertices. Then I was able to apply the 2d curve and apply the bevel and then rotate the curve to the upright position. Sorry, my mistake. I had the order mixed up.