SpeedSculpt

Good !

Have fun with Speedsculpt !
Don’t hesitate to post your work here, I don’t see a lot of works with the addon.

Some works found:

Nice ! Thx for the links :wink:

I have been practicing using SpeedSculpt every once in a while and I often forget how helpful this addon is to me. For this WIP sculpt I have used ico spheres and meta balls, as well as a skin for the spine. :slight_smile:

(Sorry if i’m not supposed to post here!).

You can post your wip, it’s nice to see peoples using the addon :wink:

Understood, thanks! :slight_smile:

I just wanted to say thanks for this addon Pitiwazou! While this isn’t a finished piece it was my first attempt at exploring what Speedsculpt is capable of. It’s starting to change the way I think about modeling in Blender.

Nice; I first thought this was made through hard surface modeling! :o

do you plan to add more mask options, like convert uv texture to mask, fill mask, like in zbrush.
look at this:
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?404055-Addon-Polysaurus-R1-Sculpt-Mask-Tools

Why not use this addon in addition to speedsculpt ?

because that addon dont have the features that i said.

anyway, good addon.

Convert uv’s to mask in dyntopo is not possible.
I will think about this kind of tools.

I have encountered a problem concerning the Icosphere when accessing it through SpeedSculpt. Earlier today I pressed Shift + A, Geodesic Dome, and messed around with the parameters; I can’t remember exactly what I did but the last thing I remember I changed the Hedron option to Octohedron, as well as some other variable.

I decided to play around a bit with SpeedSculpt and I placed down an Icosphere, but I ended up with the result that I got from using the Geodesic Dome, only smoothed (see below):

That is how it looks when the Detail Size is 30.00%. When the detail size is 10.00% or less it looks like an ordinary sphere but the problem is that I don’t want to have too high of a poly sensity. Upon increasing the Detail Size from 10.00% to 30.00% it reverts to that ugly shape again. I think this partially affects the other shapes too, especially the Torus. Metaballs are not affected. When I create an Icosphere through any other means than SpeedSculpt it appears to be fine.

What should I do to stop this from happening?

I have excactly the same result with the sphere from the addon than from with shift + A.
This is the same code.

The result at 30 is normal, add from shift + A go in dyntopo, set to 30 and add a detail flood fill.
Same result.

This is a blender behavior, not really clean as you can see.

You can use the decimate to reduce the subdivision correctly.

http://pitiwazou.com/2016-12-23_20-12-12.gif

Thank you so much for the quick response, I appreciate the help. I was very worried and I am glad you have come up with this solution. I will take note of this for the future. :slight_smile:

Okay so I took the Remesh/Decimate modifier into account this time and I feelt I have much better control over the Icosphere, in which case I have applied to a recent sculpt I did of an Evangelion-ish robot. :slight_smile:

good :wink:

For Christmas -20% on Asset Management speedflow and speesculpt

https://gumroad.com/l/kANV

Now i am your client, keep going.

thank you !!

From time to time I sculpt with alpha textures using stencil mode, but some textures should be ‘flipped’ for the best result. What I ask is a button to invert ‘on the fly’ the color of a texture selected in sculpt mode. It is possible?
That way we can avoid to invert color of an image using external paint apps.