Addon suggestion

u can suggest your fav. ones…i have no such boundations…i do all kind of stuffs…

It really is hard to suggest anything specific without knowing exactly what you are trying to achieve but a few really good really helpful ones just to have on in general are:

Free:
Node wrangler (included in blender)
Archimesh (included in blender)

Paid:
Mesh Machine
Decal machine
Hardops/box cutte
Asset Manager by Pitiwazou on blender market
Retopoflow

Beyond that my biggest suggestion, as blender has a lot of the same fuctionality as 3Ds max and in many ways even more, just adjust the layouts to meet the needs of what you are familiar with. I used to use max for a while, and I still use maya and occasionally modo on some jobs. Jumping from 1 layout to the next is a pain but besides blender I usually use maya so I setup blender to look and feel a lot like maya to save me the hastle of mentally switching gears. It makes the transitions mostly seamless and very easy to keep up with. If you are newer to blender just set it up in a way you are mostly used to. You will save yourself a lot of headaches.

1 Like

thanx a lot for the info…i do mostly hardsurface (also organic hardsurface) and sometimes archviz too…like this one

if you do mostly hard surface then at least buy mesh machine and box cutter and personally I don’t like nGons. For my work as a look developer they can be a real pain even when everything looks great to a hardsurface modeler so I would also suggest retopoflow so you can easily retopologize organic shaped hardsurfaces but that isn’t 100% needed. You can retopologize in other ways but it is really tricky. I hope to see something like mayas quad draw in the future. Retopoflow is awesome but it would be cool to merge the best of both but we have what we have for the time now solike I said, Mesh Machine and hardops/box cutter will do you wonders in hardsurface and archimesh is free and already in your addons list so you might as well just turn it on now.

I also use asset manager for literally everything so its probably worth grabbing also but again, not strictly needed.

1 Like

i tend to use exoside quad remesher…

Thats not bad. Not terrible for painting or 3d procedurals but 2D textures will be a pain on that. Speaking from a lot of experience. Good topology is very important. There really is no replacement for well hand done topology. At least not yet. We are getting there with better machine learning but its not anything that will be coming after anyones jobs for a while.

1 Like

just got retopoflow it is amazing …thanx for the suggestion

You might also like to check this thread:

2 Likes

absolutely. Yeah it’s a goodie. And I second the thread @Metin_Seven suggests. Also a good place to look.

2 Likes

For same functionality for “Slice” and “Cap” modifiers:

Dynamic Slice and Cap for Blender

For retopology:

For some basic curve operations:

For UV:

For 2D Union Boolean:

Basic Tools:

1 Like

thanx a lot for these great tools

1 Like

You might find Bevel after Boolean a magical addon and the build-in but often forgotten Mesh Tools addon.

1 Like

thanx for the suggestion I use mesh tools quite a lot…and let me check out BAB

1 Like

I would suggest Fluent 1.4. Kit-ops and Speedflow as well for modeling hard surfaces. Great programs

1 Like

1 Like

spaceship generator is awesome…

1 Like

https://3d-wolf.com/products/snow.html

https://3d-wolf.com/products/materials

https://github.com/kostex/blenderscripts/blob/master/KTX_Bottle_2.py
1 Like

Hehe, don’t end up like me: testing addon after addon making you less productive.

1 Like

thanx a lot for the links

1 Like

:slight_smile: …sure

1 Like