Thanks for add-on, I’m trying to look for + / - of your and anfeo’s addon because like now both scripts work a bit tricky . . .
For those who wants to just count + and - (what pole is winner ) instead of reading my notes, I have to say these are BIG pluses !!!
- visually I feel free and comfortable, maybe just because it looks more like layer system as other app I use
(I never really understood to the concept of these “fixed 20 layers”)
- naming is a big plus. Always when I open older file I have to search all layers to see from what file consist)
(Until now I never thought about using “Groups” for organizing objects as layers do . . . )
- ability affect “outliner” functions for objects defined by magic layer is useful one
- a bit confusing to have two layers systems (I know it’s not your fault) I just feel it more as kind of grouping
- for me is more natural use “x” for delete layer and “radiosity” for clearing slot
- it would be more clear use only one button for on/off (visibility, lock, . . .) like outliner use
- I understood you use “arrow” symbol for locked object as outliner use, so why outliner doesn’t use symbol of locker?
In general “outliner” versus “blender layers” - they take a job of each other. Instead of clearing system and merge them together. (Like now we can lock object in outliner or lock separately lock mov/rot/scale in properties panel or under viewport properties = three places of UI. Or hide object by outliner or by make invisible all layer that can be done in one place as could be seen in combination with your add-on.
At the end of this thoughts - I just would love to see functionality of your add-on as a part of Outliner
(OffTopic Note - There is one strange behavior of blender - select cube, “lock object” in outliner, deselect all objects in viewport - and as you can see origin of the cube is still selected, even though object is “locked” and deselected you can switch to edit mode this “keeping origin active after deselection” gives me more strange behavior in my work.)