[Addon] World Scale UV

It work in 2.72, thanks @McBuff ! :slight_smile:

For me, the plugin doesnt show up when i try to enable it. I tried to install from zip as from py. And nothing is showing up.
Used 2.72a and b.

me to here on. On mac it doesnt show in the list.

I’ve been looking for this one for a long time, but it seems it’s broken in every version I’ve tried.
using Windows 7 btw.

This is a really valuable add-on for getting multiple lightmaps working together without seams, although I’m sure there are other uses for it. It would be great if it could be updated and made more compatible.

For me, it works with 2.69 (…using XP, if that makes any difference)

Hm, I have a collection of a lot of different Blenders now, just to get this and that add-on to function. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

I want to maintain this add-on.
However, I could not understand this add-ons’ workflow.

Particularly, It seems not to work about Material Size.
When I change mesh’s scale, Scale UV to world size can be adopted many times.

Please tell me what this add-ons’ intention.

Thanks.

Do the textures need to related to the 1x1m size, so the texture needs to be 1024x1024 in order to get it working?

When i have a texture of like 1600x1100 the dimension are off.

EDIT
i think i understand why it happened. I did not unwrap all parts of the mesh, so i think it looked to the scale of the others. Its seems to work now

Hi,

I ported this feature to Blender 2.8.
You can try it by downloading newest Magic UV on master branch.

Thanks.

I am having difficulties understanding how the real world scale works in MagicUV ( I am using 6.2 version). Where do I define the world dimensions of the texture in meters? Does anybody know?