AddRoad curve-based road generator

I don’t think it is.
However that is the case with Github - “-master” is added and if the default Download button is used any addon is unpacked/installed with such a name addition.
Maybe there are other possibilities on Github to prepare distributive, idk.
Anyhow - win and nix do use different path separators so in general it’s better to let py os module to sort this out.
GL

Is this cyckes only. I added the materials**.py file to the addRoad folder. Now I do not get and error and the interface actually shows up but what I get is a non curved grey soliid mesh that looks like it was made of flat poliygon. I have only tried it with and extruded bezier curve but I expected more.

Right now it switches you to cycles and makes materials. Theoretically in the long run it’ll make a bunch of actually road-like purty materials and textures. But if you wanna use other renderers, just run it and delete all the materials.

I am getting the same thing

and adter…

if the turning points distance less than width of the road, these kind of artifacts happen. after adjusting curve points, somehow it will be ok. anyway, this addons needs more codes.

My goal in a lot of the preliminary numbers was to emulate real world roads, specifically ones that continue for a while. I can’t envision how to code intersections (curves in blender just don’t do that; a Y curve is actually 2 subcurves), and currently assume that for intersections, you’d make multiple roads and combine them by hand.

As such, the main issue you’re running into is that a road whose combined lanes, sidewalks, medians, parking lanes, greenways, etc. is 40 feet across wouldn’t have a C curve that’s only 20 feet from left to right :stuck_out_tongue:

Draw that curve 10 times bigger and it should be okay.

Anyone got any hints on how to update this to 2.8? Working on Python every 6 months means I’m kind of a dum dum at this stuff :stuck_out_tongue: https://github.com/ogbog/addRoad

Yaaaay! Works in Blender 2.8 now. Please DL and lemme know if you still got bugs.

4 Likes

When try to add a road, this error crashes.12

Hmmmmm… maybe I gotta update materials.blend to 2.8?

Judging by the error, the error is in matetials.blend.

Hello, I tried to download the add-on for version 2.79 of Blender, but it is giving this error when I try to activate it
aassssfff

Hi Mega_Mine! This old project of mine was a big project-based endeavor to sharpen my Python skills. Although that did happen, It’s been abandoned on account of geometry nodes providing a much better framework to pursue that kind of work. Check out some of these guys:

If I were to pick it back up, I would totally be redoing this project as a geometry nodes setup :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like