AddysonH_Sketchbook

(Addyson_H.) #1

Hi there. I have been working on this illustration and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback to make it better. Thanks!

(Member) #2

you can add that shes sitting down at the park and add water and other trees…

(Addyson_H.) #3

Ok. That’s a good idea. Thanks!

(Member) #4

No problem :wink:

(Addyson_H.) #5

Ok. I reworked the concept. Here is what I have so far.

(Addyson_H.) #6

Here’s a little progress post. I’m still not satisfied with the face, front of the hair, and the way the hat sits on the head. It’s getting there though.

(Addyson_H.) #7

Ok. So I received some more feedback and I went back and am working on it piece by piece starting with the girl. Here is what I have so far. Feedback would be great. I’m still working on her hair which is why it looks so basic right now. Thanks.

(Softwarespecial) #8

I would separate out her face head and body as well. Try making changes to each part to see what looks the best. Example you draw just the head shape then when you like the look you then draw the face. Once you have that looking good you add the body. As its your work for yourself have fun experimenting with it.

(Addyson_H.) #9

Ok. That’s a good idea. I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

(Addyson_H.) #10

New concept for Amaris! I really like how the concept turned out for this so I’m going to roll with it. I haven’t decided on the background yet so I figured I would let it fall into place as I worked on her.

All critiques are welcome.

(Softwarespecial) #11

So far really good the only thing I see is the Eyes seem to be a little to high I would lower them just slightly not by much. After that I think its ready to do the background paint or what ever you have planned.

(Addyson_H.) #12

So I fixed up her figure. I’m still working on the chin area. It still doesn’t look quite right. I went ahead and put in where I wanted the colors. The white lines are a reference to where I think creases in the dress would go. I’ve also started adding more detail to the face.

(Addyson_H.) #13

(Addyson_H.) #14

Ok. So after some critiques it was clear that I needed to step back and slow down. So I’m focusing on the line art some more and just trying not to rush into color just yet till I feel I have a good base. Here is the new line art.