Advanced ragdoll (joint limits and no distortion)

oh yeah… that guy was you…:o. thanks dude.:ba:

Haha lol fail XD just like me. And I’m not that bad at texturing, I just hate it :stuck_out_tongue:

I havent checked out the other examples yet…but as far as I can see the armature is useless…its not really doing anything…why is that? is it just there for show?

EDIT: I looked at Wraaah’s version, and I am very impressed. He found a way to apply the armature! :smiley:

Humm… I know… this is exactly why I made that ragdoll and that rig made just for it so he could apply his script.

well, there was this other dude who came up with the skinned ragdoll-ature script awhile ago. it works awesome for me. but…all i needed to say is ‘nice ragdoll, dude.’ seriously. this will help a lot. oh yeah, and how would i credit you?(screen name, real name, what?)

I don’t know if you are talking about me (Réwii93, creator of this ragdoll) or Wraaah (creator of the script with help or something from ideasman42), but if you take one or the other, just name us in the credit PLS (and a link if you are very generous)

Thanks again and happy modeling

P.S. Hey Wraaah you didn’t told me if that script only worked for Blender 2.49… that would help.

Actually I did, in my own thread:

I have 2.49b, it should be working since 17 June for 2.49a (http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=158901). I don’t know what will happen in 2.5 though…:spin:

I found some questions regarding the control of ragdolls in the support forum so I applied my control setup to Rewii93’s ragdoll. I also modified a few joints as I needed ball joints for propper rotation of the head, arms and legs.

The limbs are controlled by target objects and use 5 scripts
translate.py: moves limb to target
rotateA.py:rotates limb (specified direction with rotX,rotY,rotZ properties) to target
rotateB.py:rotates limb (specified direction with rotX,rotY,rotZ properties) to target while keeping level (ignores Zposition of target)
rotateC.py:rotates the elbows
User_Func.py: calculates the required force/torque depending on the setup

Controlling the ragdoll will also require control over the targets of course and if you want animations you will have to set up the controllers to be moved in a sequence.
You will have to write scripts for this and get some appropriate triggers to go from step to step.

The control targets are on a seperate layer, just as the armature.

ENJOY!!!:smiley:

PS: some more good news, I got the armature script to work on 2.5 so it has a future :evilgrin:. (unless 2.5 has an easier way to acces bones? I have not checked 2.5 that well)

Attachments

Ragdoll_with_armature_script_and_target_controllers.blend (296 KB)