Aerial City

Thumbnail

Made for CGBoost challenge : City in the Sky, featuring (small) city above an airship. This is actually a revised version that slightly different from the submitted entry, edited after the contest ended.

Original version / render

Below is an alternate render (also made after the contest) that might closely more resembles what I aimed for at first with cloudy background (from Unsplash). I switched to the coastal cities background as I couldn’t find satisfactory results with the clouds after trying many things and did not want to use photo as background.

Clay renders for both scenes :

Individual renders of the ship :
(FYI these and others below it are just for personal achievements and not requirements for the contest)

Spec sheet for the ship :

Turntable animation :

Modeled in Blender 3.0, rendered with Cycles, postpro in Gimp, spec sheet done in Inkscape.

My accounts :

37 Likes

Very nice! I appreciate that you included all those details – a spec sheet! Awesome.

2 Likes

I’ve added the #art-breakdown tag, thanks for sharing such a beautiful work and a thorough behind-the-scenes look at how you made it!

2 Likes

Thank you! Basically the sheet is an attempt at cramming in cool sounding words and tried to make it looks legit … :laughing:

1 Like

Ah, thank you. I’ve added the original submitted render too myself, somehow forgot to do that, hahah. Thanks again!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, Bart ! :grinning:

Amazing work !

1 Like

Thank you !

1 Like

you’re welcome

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Double thanks and have a nice weekend too ! :+1:

Great work! The ships behind the clouds looks the best…

1 Like

Thank you ! I think so too, though with the trade off that it has less 3D elements :slight_smile:

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #vehicles category! You can vote for it here.

2 Likes