aerial mountain scene

This looks great! How did you get the rock under the lake to light up like that?

Thanks for the comments everyone! I’m still trying to get more time off work to be able to finally finish this project, as of yet I still remain unsure about the clouds or how I’d go about making them properly to acheive a realistic effect. I re-rendered the scene from an earlier frame in the animation so it’s at a different angle, I softenned up the shadows and brought the ‘brightness’ closer to the shoreline, also toned down the water’s ripple texture close to minimal, I’ll improve on that later.

SSimpossible, I took a screenshot of the lakes from top view, used Photoshop’s color range tool to cut out the portions of the lake, then created a texture with inner glow applied and UV mapped it so I’d have the orignial shapes of the shoreline fading into the original diffuse color set to add.

As always I encourage people to make suggestions as I’m trying to improve the scene however I can before I render the final animation. Thanks for your time.

this is coming along really well! Have you thought about using the cloud generator add on? It might help get the results your looking for!

Thanks for your comment tcn01. I have tried it, the clouds I was using originally are from the cloud gen addon. I’ve tried tweaking every parameter but wasn’t able to get them ‘whispier’, perhaps it’s the scale of the scene? The scene is pretty big, anyways I can’t thank you guys enough for the suggestions. Everyone who has tried to help me out in this project, it means a lot.

Hey everyone I’m digging up this topic because I need some advice. I tried animating the scene with the trees however the leaves make this glitchy jittery movement. I tried raising the anti aliasing, smoothing the shadows etc… but it won’t stop. Does anyone have any idea on how I could solve this…? If not I might just render this without the trees and move onto another project. Anyways, thank you for your time, all the best.