Affinity response to COVID-19

Stay safe and creative!

3 Likes

This is a great price. Thanks for the heads up!

I’ve used AP for years in OSX but now Blender keeps me in Windows for so much of my time it will be good to have a copy for Windows 10.

Been using Affinity since 2017 primarily for creating art and editing PDFs and images. I highly recommend them if you are looking for a solid budget Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. The last two updates 1.7 and 1.8 have done a lot of work to close the gap with Adobe. Been using it more and more and have come to appreciate the things Affinity actually does better than Adobe. I.e. the shared file format between all Affinity programs, the ability to have multiple masks attached to a single layer, and a unified UI and UX across all programs so you don’t have to relearn simple stuff like how to create clipping masks when jumping from Photo to Designer. Designer especially feels so much more user friendly compared to Illustrator because of little things like that.

Still has a lot of work left before I would consider the two packages fully on par with each other, but the Serif devs have done a good job addressing weak spots of their programs since I bought them. Serif also releases free major updates to Affinity about 1-2 times a year and a couple of bug fix patches inbetween releases. They have confirmed that the updates will be free for the next coming years, so it is definitely great value for the price.

The single file format is really what I was looking for and most important

quality path tool in photo unlike that junk in Photoshop

Affinity is not perfect but way to cheap too.