After Edge Dissolve can't Loop Cut

I’m fairly new to Blender and having a problem trying to model a mesh I’m working on. For some reason if I dissolve an edge I can not in that area do another Loop Cut. I want to set up my topology decently and want to be able to remove edges and add loop cuts as I see fit. Is this not possible in Blender? Am I missing something here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I want to set up my topology decently and want to be able to remove edges and add loop cuts as I see fit. Is this not possible in Blender?
To have a loop cut you need a loop. It your case it sounds like you don’t have one, hence you can’t add one.

Am I missing something here?
Well, we’re missing your screenshots and blend file that shows your particular case

I think without seeing the blend that when you have used the Dissolve Edge function, you do not have pressed F6 and enabled “Dissolve Verts” , so when it dissolved the edges, it left the vertices intact, creating ngons and you can’t use loop cuts on ngons as it only add more vertices on their borders.

It’s really a pity it’s not possible to enable “Dissolve Verts” by default on the Dissolve Edge function, to do so you would have to create a new shortcut and only then you’re able to enable it by default, but for the default function, no.

Difficult to understand this dev choice regarding the option not being enabled by default, considering that for the majority of your edge dissolving you want to have the vertices removed too.