After Effects To Blender 2.70a Javascript Python Generator

Thanks so much! Looking forward to playing now!

Thanks man, love the script. I can finally export my AE tracker cam.

When I click ā€œRun Scriptā€ after importing the py file into Blender nothing happens.

Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™m doing something wrong during the import process or if this script no longer works in Belnder 2.74?

After choosing the layers I want in After Effects and executing the script ā€œATOM_AE2Blender27_05302014.jsxā€ I do the following in Blender:

In Text Editor from Text menu : ā€œOpen Text Blockā€.
Select the generated py file exported from After Effects.
Click ā€œRun Scriptā€.

Andā€¦ nothing happens?

Just open the .py in a software like Text Wrangler, copy and paste in the console.

I had the post #64 problem as well and opened the .py with Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit (didnā€™t want to download TextWrangler and my Finder suggested me to open it either with AE or this program). Then I selected all and copied it in a new text block. Blender said this after Run Script:

Thank you so much, it Really worked:)

Fantastic! Iā€™ve really been feeling the limitations of C4D Lite, and now Iā€™m free!
Thanks!

Does anyone know what became of Atom? He hasnā€™t posted since last September.

Hey all, Iā€™ve been trying to get this script to work, Iā€™ve tried it in AE CS6 as well as AE CC 2014, however when I import the python file into blender, (Iā€™ve tried 2.74, 2.70, 2.66, 2.63, and 2.60) and it does read the script successfully, but the problem is the camera is rotating wildly out of control, and Iā€™m pretty thats not how the camera is moving in After Effects, can anyone help me? Thanks!

I got the same problem, I work it aroun copying the text in a Google document then copying that into a Blender text window. It seems to work, but only for camƩra position.

Hey,
tank you so much for thus awesome script.
I think allot more people will find this usefull. Is it oke if i use it in a tutorial?
I will give you ofcourse all the credits.
the tutorial is not really about after effects to blender. is more a quick tip

let me know if you are oke with it

Great initiative!

I read through and found no license attached.
So as you said, doing it with good intentions, hurting no one, canā€™t reach original author, giving credits where due and referencing the source(s)ā€¦ you are on the safe side.

All i got from the script:

ā€œby Atom
with coding help fromā€¦
Nab (www.nabscripts.com),
Ryan Gilmore (www.urbanspaceman.net)
and others on AE Enhancers (www.aenhancers.com) back in 2006.
ā€

:wink:

IRCā€¦ Atom has moved on, to Houdini.

Thank you so much for these scripts! I used the AE to Blender 2.7 one on an AE animation, and it seems to have exported. When I try to run in Blender, I get an error:

NameError: name ā€˜Curveā€™ is not defined

on the line:

c = Curve.New() # create new curve data

from what I can tell, Curve is an old Blender API call, where the new one should be something like c = bpy.data.curves.new(ā€™ā€¦ā€™, ā€˜ā€¦ā€™). My Python is pretty basic, so I could definitely use some help. Can I just replace the problem line with something else?

Hats off man really helped a lot

Camera Tracking appears to work in v2.77 as well using CS6. Years later itā€™s still a excellent script. THANKS MAN!!!

When i run the script nothing happens. I get error messages, but no objects or animation is created. Also, when i open the Python script it all shows up as one continuous line instead of correctly formatted. Since Python relies on tabs I figured this might stop it from running?

Any updates on that script for Blender 2.78? It doesnā€™t work anymoreā€¦

It needs a little bit fiddling in the after effects (I have to add every layer separately because of an error), but I was able to export the motion paths (animation) from AE CS6 to Blender 2.78. Look at the hierarchy because in my case it didnā€™t import the objects but the animation. I donā€™t need the objects ā€“ so: thanks man for the script, you saved me several days of work!

This script requires that you have After Effects which I donā€™t. What I do have is another animation software that exports camera data to to AE, which I somehow want to use in Blender.

Do anyone have an example camera export from AE to Blender? Perhaps I can create one from my data text file.

Hereā€™s the Anime Studio camera export script: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18091
And hereā€™s a camera file I created: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2811229/TEMP/101_camera-export-AS.txt
The text is supposed to be copied and pasted onto an After Effects camera.

Itā€™s working for 2.8 but text export is not working (not really a big deal as planes export is working).
However the camera moves slightly off in blender I donā€™t know whyā€¦ So itā€™s not usable for me :confused: