Aftermath - Multiplayer RPGFPS

@agoose77: okay, we do have a dedicated server with a decent download/upload speed, how many people would you say could play at once?

@esoneson: we have a dedicated server, but were not sure how many connections we can handle at once yet (we still have to do some testing)

there will be a limit on how many players can play at once

we weren’t planning on connecting it to a db, but it is still very early in development, so we’re open to suggestions :slight_smile:

we don’t have inventory system yet, but we plan on making one

we have a very short an basic storyline, just enough to let the player know what is going on, but no intensive quests or missions

no chat :frowning:

we will have many NPCs/AIs as the mutants, zombies, and base guards

i believe its UDP, but I’m not entirely sure

no GLSL at the moment, and we’re not sure if we will at all

@agoose77: when you finish the health and other stuff on the multiplayer, can you please private message me the link so other people do not copy our setup, menus, or guns. thank you :slight_smile:

That’s very smart.

sure.
4 - 6 players simultaneously; it gets tricky after that because you’ll need a dedicated network setup…
Also, you have to realise that blender doesn’t like lots of animated characters at once.

how many mutant creatures do you think it could handle at once? they will be just basic armatures, not like the fingers or toes or anything. and we will be using the decimate modifier on a lot of things to bring down the vertex count, will that help at all?

and will this be the python scripts, or the patched blender components?

it will be the Addon, and the limit for characters is tricky you’ll have to see

so it will work on mac?

any progress with the health and ammo stuff? thank you :slight_smile:

it should work on all os that run blender. In terms of progress; not much - I have got my exams in a few months. I’ll be working on it for a while.

how long do you think it will take? just wondering :slight_smile:

and it didnt work when i tried it with blender 2.59, do i need to download the addon or did you pack it in? where can i find this addon if its not already packed in?

It should just work, but the addon is in the resources forum. Prit screen the console if it doesnt work

it looks like its working, until we connect multiple clients, then the players dont show up

hmm
that’s odd. let me see.
Advice; delete all the python files in the text window if they’re called this:
classes.py
multipy.py
rencode.py
plugins.py

then make sure you’ve got the latest addon (1.5.3) and press F8
then play the game.

where can i find 1.5.3? i can only find 1.5.0 on your thread

It is there, either page 4 or 5. i think bottom of page 4

I found it, i must have skipped over it the first time, sorry, but do you know how long it will take for you to make the health, ammo, and bullets? thank you again, and when i tried it with the addon it worked :slight_smile:

and why when i look through the camera and try to move an object, all the objects move?

one more question… i changed the red box that used to be the client, and changed it with a human model, the model has no rigs or anything, and i copied all of the logic bricks and properties over to the new object, but when we start the game, we can’t see each other. any ideas or do you need a blend file?