Age range- What age range are you in? Only two categories

40/m/malaysia.
ur asl pls.

Bwa ha ha ha

Old lady. My driver’s license might disagree but who cares what the state thinks. Up at 4 in the morning, hot tea, yell at the television for fun, slow driver, etc.

Ha, I’m not in the catagories. I’m also up at 4 AM. Retired RR worker. Been playing video games since there were video games to be played.

I know right, it’s always interesting to know the backstory of the other members of the forums (which does feel kind of nosy, but oh well)
As my signature suggests, I’m still under 20 and living in the mid-Appalachia region.

I’m 40. I work in an aeronauthic engine maintenance related job. 2 kids with my only girlfriend ever (I hope to be all my life with her). I consider myself an artist and a programmer (maybe 25% / 75%) and I use and code blender because makes me so happy.

I’m 30 something. I lose track… I think 30 is the turning point in your life. From 20-30 is just a continued adolescence these days.

Since Jacob (BPR) and Haidme were so open it would be rude for me not to be.
My real name is John Michael Topple, you can find me on Facebook and if you’re not a weirdo I’ll accept any friend requests from a fellow Blender user.
I’m married and live in South Korea, though I’m from England originally.

I work as an English teacher for elementary school children, though I’ve done other things including working as a clerk of the court in Employment tribunals, and an office worker in town planning. I was also a dustbin man, street sweeper and hospital cleaner when I was at university. I’d guess I’ve probably had about 20-30 jobs throughout my life so far.

I think work is just for money, I wouldn’t want to work at something I really love because I couldn’t stand having do deal with other people’s irrational demands all the time. For me game development is a hobby and my passion. I work at something that gives me the most money for the shortest hours and least stress.

I have two sons. My youngest son, 2 year old Henry, recently had Cancer, but he beat it and now he’s doing fine. The doctor gave him the all clear just after Christmas. We were very lucky to have caught it early before it spread. Honestly, the best Christmas present ever!

When you get above 30 everyone has some drama in their life, something that went wrong or didn’t turn out how you planned. My advice for younger forum members is to try everything, see what you enjoy and what you don’t. Don’t be scared to make big changes in your life, because after 30 you can’t really do it any more. Go and live in another country, try some different jobs, get some education (broad education is better than deep education). Learn another language. Don’t wish your life was better, make it better!

After 30 you’re kind of stuck with the life you chose, so it’s important to try and choose the life you want before then.

Best quote of the day!

+1. 30 years jajaja.

I lose track of my age as well if I’m not thinking about it hahaha I get reminded of my age every time I enter a first-year class with a bunch of freshmen in university and I’m like “right, I’m 20, not 18 anymore”.

I have two sons. My youngest son, 2 year old Henry, recently had Cancer, but he beat it and now he’s doing fine. The doctor gave him the all clear just after Christmas. We were very lucky to have caught it early before it spread. Honestly, the best Christmas present ever!

I’m happy your son beat cancer :slight_smile: On occasion I donate money to GDQ whenever it comes around - it’s a great method to fundraise money for cancer research using video games.

turned 16 in november :>

@smoking_mirror:
It’s great to see your family.

Well seeing as everyone else is, here’s the guy behind the avatar

For those of you who didn’t spot it in my alias, my real name is Geoff.

I have just finished studying mechatronics engineering (a combination of mechanical and electrical), the highlight of which was a team of four of us building a fairly large robot (I did all the electrical design and embedded software). Despite my enjoyment of engineering and software development, I find I spend too much of my time … thinking! My brain comes up with many many ideas about very many things, and I can’t turn it off - unless I’m doing something physical. As a result, I enjoy blacksmithing, making jewellery, hiking, sailing etc. They are the only way I can force my brain to relax. I recently bought a car, and have enjoyed a little 4wd-ing.

Game development is my major hobby, I enjoy the challenge of it - all the way from art to sound to AI. Currently my game development machine is an i7-6700 GTX970, but as I am moving country soon, I’ll have to drop back to my i5 integrated-gpu laptop.
I run Archlinux for the fun of it, and have found it more stable than Ubuntu (gasp!). I have several internet-connected servers for various purposes (also linux box’s), so if someone wants to have a shot at multiplayer-ing their game, drop me a line and I may be able to help.

So that’s what I do, but who am I? Here are some of my major viewpoints:

• I see technology as an enabler. Your car enables you to travel faster, your computer enables you to communicate. Technology should not restrict, and so I am opinionated on DRM, and the ‘walled garden’ approach of Apple, Microsoft and Google.
  • I find modern computer systems too complex for their own good. I recently ran “New Deal Office” in DOSBox, and discovered they had a fairly nice spreasheet, wordprocessor, calender and the dozen other things most people do … and they had put it in 10mb total file size. Shame on Windows 10 for providing less functionality in ~10GB.
  • I like things that do their job well. I wear a leather jacket because I don’t have to worry about getting holes in the sleeves. I wear a watch that has been approved by NASA for space travel. I carry a pocket knife, a (tiny) shifting spanner, torch, pen and notebook pretty much everywhere.
  • I wish everything could be fixed by normal people. I do not like the quantity of plastic in today’s products - nor companies “consumable” approach to making things.
  • I reckon that everyone should have certain basic skills, both practical (how to wield a hammer and a saw) and in critical thinking (how to evaluate Truth, how to solve problems). Along with this, I try to learn every skill I come across. If someone has a skill I don’t, I’ll often ask them to teach me.
  • I think the modern ‘tolerate everything’ is not really tolerance at all.
  • I am concerned about the way countries are governed, and do not necessarily think that democracy is the best solution
  • I am concerned about our world. I live in a city where you cannot see the forest, but know that only 100 years ago, you could barely move without bumping into a tree. I do think the climate is changing.
  • I think the most overlooked character trait in modern society (particularly the internet) is humility.
  • Most importantly, I am a Christian, and believe in Christ Jesus as my saviour.

And that is me.

This is me =)

Well I live in Canada and love my country of birth, but have been blessed to work, travel and live in many different countries despite parents not being rich they managed to pull it off. As for my love life I had been married to a woman for about 10 years back and forth breaking up constantly with a terrible controlling relationship that managed to produce 3 children that I never get a chance to see unless I give the hers loads of money. I was addicted to her like dope haha, she was exotic! :spin:

PS now i’m free to have girlfriends, travel and the best thing is that my mind is way more clear and I have so much time to work on blender in game design the real love of my life.

I’m 33, most of my life I’ve used blender (i remember you used to put it on a floppy) but also maya max zbrush and silo, my names Qareeb Alhaqq, I’m actually German/Polish/african only speak English though :stuck_out_tongue: and love world peace and video games. I idolize Sony! love playstation have owned them all. And have a computer I can max out Witcher 3 getting crazy fast fps.

As for working :yes: I’ve worked in the gaming industry for years with some official contract and many many many private small jobs. And wish to start my own company, other then that I’ve done security/renovation jobs to make extra money when I’m between money making projects.

I have never been through any sort of higher education (haha) boring wast of money… never needed it. :evilgrin: lol

i start learning blender when i was 10 now i am 15.

I start making “Krum” with Blender , when Steam doesn’t existed yet. Actually the digital download idea was not popular at all :slight_smile: And I though back then, I will be able to sell it to game stores directly - make CDs with covers…etc. :smiley:

haha haidme, when I first learned blender I wasn’t interested in making games at all, was more inspired to make my own cg shorts then anything. Now I’ve completely reversed…

I migrated from maya to blender, it was painful to say the least especially back then. My computer, I think was a Compaq winME with celeron or something, and maya was great but was killing my computer, while blender was tiny and quick.

not sure this was exact model but my first computer look identical to this…

When I first started Blender, I didn’t even know about the game engine. I learned Blender just to make social media backgrounds for people. Here are some that I have made:

I used to have many more and I still have them uploaded on the internet but they have become compressed and are not so appealing to look at.

Attachments

Wow, so many awesome histories! I was expecting the 13-19 range to he higher lol

So here I go… :stuck_out_tongue:
My real name is Diego Lopes, I am Brazilian, 21 year old.

When I was 4 years old, I had cataracts and I was about to completely lose my vision.
My family was very poor at the time, but we got help from charity and I could have surgery.

So I have lenses implanted into my eyes, I can’t practice sports because of the risk of detachment, so my childhood was all about technology and computers.

I’ve been a self-thaught programmer since I was 11, and found out about Blender when I was 13. Good old Blender 2.45 and I had no clue how to use it xD
Almost everything I know I’ve learnt by myself because I’m extremely shy, even English (since my native language is Portuguese).

That’s my summarized history :slight_smile:

i am a 25 year old all be 26 next month, my name is anas , its a hard name i know, thats why people call me alf, i,v been using blender for 6 years new