.AI import fails

Hi,

I made this profile in AI CS4 and saved that as Illustrator 3 in order to import the path in Blender.

I get the dialog about dimensions and then have to choose between some profiles (i think) and then get this error on the console

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scrip
ts\bpymodules\paths_ai2obj.py", line 499, in fonctionSELECT
    scan_FILE(nom)
ts\bpymodules\paths_ai2obj.py", line 482, in scan_FILE
    Open_GEOfile(dir,name[0])
ts\bpymodules\paths_ai2obj.py", line 216, in Open_GEOfile
    Blender.Load(dir+nom+'OOO.obj', 1)
RuntimeError: there are other scripts running at the Scripts win, close them first!

This happened while I tried to import when the scripts window was active (which showed the LuxRender export script). But if i open the scripts window in another view I get the same error.

I tried both Illustrator 3 and 8.

Any clues?

As Homer Simpson says “Yeah, it’ll do that.”

Forget .AI import, it does not work, never has for me. Save yourself some time and just use SVG. There are a few illustrator work-flow posts floating around the board, so I won’t re-create it again here. Do some searching.

In illustrator, save your file as a SVG file then use the import SVG portion of Blender to bring your vector work in to Blender.

Yeah, I just found out SVG did the trick :slight_smile: