AI in blender

I’m relatively new to blender. Oh well, I’ve been approaching it slowly for several years. but I’m certainly not a blender wizard. Recently I got interested in some AI stuff. I think it would be interesting to try to integrate AI into blender. Are there any previous attempts to do this?

RIght now there is the OPTIX AI Denoiser and Deep Denoiser I believe (not sure of the specifics).

Also I know some of the Game Developers have some AI NPC in their games.

Not sure what anyone else is doing.

Can’t wait for someone to figure out AI retopo.

Cheers.

Retopologizing sounds like an interesting project for a neural net. I think that the main problem would be to formulate mathematically what properties the new topology should have. One would need some sort of evaluation saying that one suggestion for a new mesh is better than another. Fewer faces would be good, and that’s of course extremely simple to code. But one would also want it to look similar to the original - so one has to give a measure for how close a new mesh is to the old. My first suggestion would be the “Hausdorff metric”: Two sets A and B have distance d from each other if every point in A has distance less than d to some point in B, and every point in B has distance less than d to some point in A. Any other suggestions for how to decide that a new mesh is “close enough” to the original?

You are now out of my knowledge of expertise. I have no clue.

You could check this:

has a setup for Blender

I wouldn’t mind having this kind of an assistant :robot:

https://www.prometheanai.com/