AI Partner test

Hi guys, I was messing around with the Game Engine a while ago and made this test with a player and a companion who uses a gun, it’s very basic but works pretty well actually. I did this during 2.5, hence why there is no use of steering, if anyone is willing to add steering to this that would be awesome!

There are 2 scenes with 2 different control systems, the default one is one where you give your partner commands;

Movement: W,A,S,D
Space - Jump

Orders:
J - Attack!
K - Follow!
L - Stay!

LeftShift - Add enemy objects

And I even added sound on some of those keys, it adds something to it.

The other scene is more automatic, the character will follow you the entire time and attack automatically.

There is a lot more that one would need to do for a working AI partner (ofcourse it depends on what you are doing)

Enjoy, :slight_smile:

EDIT: I updated the character so he can jump, just go up the stairs and he’ll follow you! also I changed the control a bit.

Attachments

companian test with gun.blend (1.04 MB)

I’m on my laptop now but later I will download and add steering for you :wink: (If I remember! :o)
EDIT: There’s no need for steering and great work :slight_smile:
-Ross

Man this is cool. i like it much.

quite nice!

Cool, you have a really good knowledge of scripting.

@ I don’t know a blasted thing about scripting LOL, the S2A script is a script I found I while back (infact i’m surprised I didn’t mention it in my initial post). Just type in “S2A” in the search engine and you should find it :slight_smile:

But I am pretty handy with states and logic bricks :wink: … properties however… well I am getting a little bit used to those.

I am actually trying to figure out how to implement jumping as well, so that when the main player goes up say, a block, it’ll be able to follow. At the moment it reminds me a bit of minecraft with the way it jumps (I will post the updated blend when I get a working or partially jump mechanic).

Update: I updated the character so he can jump, just go up the stairs and he’ll follow you! also I changed the control a bit.

Really interesting, nice job!