Aircraft physics!

Post and thread is here. I have implemented a “deflective surfaces” system and it can be used to simulate propellers, wings, control surfaces…

http://www.gameblender.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1177

Wow! Very useful. Thanks for sharing!

Impressive! Very nice!
Don’t you want to have some more “fun”, and make an helicopter template too…please?!
That way I could use it in an old game level that I’ve abandoned!
Bye and thank you!

4th flight sim :slight_smile:

Very nice system. Thank you for sharing.

New plane; I attempted to make an osprey. You may judge the results yourself .~.

http://www.gameblender.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1177&p=9896#p9896

It’s the same file as before, I guess?!

Not working!! - why?

Is this a first person thru the cockpit type of game/sim? I have never seen on of those types made with the game engine. I would love to see that.

Check out my signature.

These are my targets/dream :smiley:

Ok I checked out the videos and the one in your signature. Are you saying you made these with the blender game engine?? Becasue saying they are you “target/dream” is ambigious.

Hi SHABA1

Two ‘target/dream’ sample videos are from Hitechcreation’s Aces High 2 WW2 simulation. I made those two custom air-race 8-player terrains with canyon course objects long time ago.

I would like to see a similar, but not necessary a airplane specific, flight dynamics model in BGE. That’s why I said ‘target/dream’.

What version of blender is this made for? I have Blender 2.48 and it doesn’t work.

update to 2.49–always keep your programs updated. That’s the key to success… Well some of it.

Raiderum–your sim here is quite nice. My biggest issue was with the throttle speed. I could take off in a matter of seconds without an airport. The good thing was that landing was a sinch. It was fairly easy–although, the plane had very little momentum, so a landing strip would almost be useless as long as you have a driveway.

btw, the camera acts erradically when I loop.

peace,
-nick

Okay, I updated and now it mostly works, but the sim sometimes explodes when the back of the plane touches the ground.

How is the shadow done - I notice there aren’t any scripts related to it. Is this a new feature of 2.49, or something else?

Errrrwhoops I forgot to check this thread.

@YourNameHere:
Throttle, ahm, yes. Oddly enough there are problems with the maximum angular velocity that prohibit propellers from travelling fast enough to induce enough power. I had to angle the blades at 45 degrees to get it to be any fun. If you like, a more realistic takeoff can be done by reducing their angle of attack.

I have not noticed any problems with the camera. What kind of erratic? (The jerking kind, the when-were-we-underwater kind, or the AUGH EPILEPSY variety?)

@Skykooler:
It is a face mode that can be set per-face which makes it cast a ray downwards and transform the faces so they are useful as shadows. Fairly basic, useful for simple games and for when you really, really need to know just where the heck the ground is, because the developer is cheap with graphics…

Throttle, ahm, yes. Oddly enough there are problems with the maximum angular velocity that prohibit propellers from travelling fast enough to induce enough power. I had to angle the blades at 45 degrees to get it to be any fun. If you like, a more realistic takeoff can be done by reducing their angle of attack.

hmmm, K. I might see what I can find by playing with it.

AUGH EPILEPSY variety?)

Only when I flip.

–We need to put your project here together with XJazz’s lol. I think we’d have an official flight simulator template.

peace,
-nick