Airship: Blackjack

Here’s what I’m working on at the moment. Getting towards finished. It still only has detailing and fins etc. on one side at the moment - I’m waiting till I unwrap and texture them before doing the other side.

Janjy

Attachments

looks awesome. Could you please post wires?

I would do, but I’m not sure how. There’s no materials set up at the moment. Is there a way to do a wire render in the render options or nodes, rather than assigning a wire material on every one of the dozens of objects currently in the model? You’re not really missing much: the mesh is a bit on the messy side.

Janjy

Not that i know of and thats amazing detail. Looking forward to see it in colour.

Very well done. I love the design!

Thanks, but I can’t really take credit for the design. It’s based on one of the airships in Final Fantasy 6. The only real design work I’m doing is in translating it into my own model and adding in details and bits and pieces where the reference images are too fuzzy to see what’s going on. Having said that, pretty much everything on deck is ‘original work’.

Janjy

Love the detail work, even if it’s someone elses design you’ve done a great job recreating it! Can you take screen captures of the meshwork in wireframe mode, that way you don’t have to assign the textures for a wireframe render?

Here’s a wireframe, but it doesn’t really show anything, I’m afraid. Because of the planking on the balloon and the hull, the mesh is so dense that you can’t really seen anything at any distance that lets you get the whole model in.

Janjy

Attachments

I think what he meant by that is the edit mode render, not the actual wireframe mode render.
But ofcouse make the clay+wire render, when you are done(just combine all the objects).

I think modelling’s finished. I’ve started work on a few textures.

Janjy

Attachments

Ooo O.o I like it
However, i think your textures a too dark, lighten them up a bit.

I agree with DDD, or maby you just need to add a little more light.
I’m pretty sure its the textures though.

apart from that, the zepplin/airship is freakin awesome.

I think the darkness was partly a textures issue and partly compositing. I’ve tweaked both as I go along. Here’s the latest version. It’s quite tricky getting textures that work well from a distance as well as close up. I know the colour grading’s a bit murky and green on the close-up. I’ll sort that out later.

Janjy

Attachments

Cool !
This reminds me of warcraft !
ahaha !
5/5

OK, rigging’s not my speciality by any means, but I think I’ve got the animation for the engine sorted. It’s not the highest-res video, but here it is:

The texturing’s nearing completion too, so hopefully it won’t be too long before I can start to put this all together in a final form.

Janjy

Wow, great modeling!, love it. Keep it up, though the engine animation could be a little faster but I like it.

nice, looking awesome

That looks reaaaly cool. Both the animation and the new textures, cant wait to see the final!