Akatomy

hi everyone,

I decided to show you a job “seriously” for once:o. One of my biggest job in 3D, it took me a long time.
Everything is modeled with MOI , sketshup and blender. Rendered with Blender internal 2.6 (20mins) - I do not like Cycle:no:. The mountains, clouds and the vertical piece on the left are hand drawn in photoshop and Mypaint, post production with Photoshop.

Cheers
Kargall.

Attachments

Loks good for me

Nice work! Like it.

Excellent work Kargall. I enjoyed it in SU forum.
What I can’t understand is that you don’t like cycles.
I can understand the MOI use (excellent software) but SU? Why?
What SU provides is the inset tool. (the [F]). Blender, now, has an even better one for the job.
An arc tool could be nice for blender BTW LOL

wow, that’s amazing!

Lunar, Samuel, michalis, plrang, thank you.

@Michalis:
I do not like the grain of Cycle, and I find it complicated and obscure.:o
I use SU because it is the modeler the easy and fastest in the world .
When Blender can do that, I will use blender :wink: .Blender doesn’t even have a proper knife.

blender and Su is the winning combination for me.

Bye

^ blender 2.63 should have good knife/inset tools with bmesh.

Anyway, I like this piece, it’s as if Cowboy Bebop and Portal had a baby.

Very nice, although i question your dislike of cycles.

Yep - pretty good! I am glad to see Default Cube all dressed up and ready for the sky future.

Looking incredible congratulations.

Im a user of SU and I think that Im very good on modeling with it but I cant compare modelling on SU to model on blender, with blender you have mutch more controll on the cuts and on the polycounts than you have on SU, I dont know, for me SU is great compared to autocad for example in therms of modeling, but it isnt comparable to programas like blender or 3Ds or other programs like those. And I do like to modell on sketchup a lot since that was the first 3D program that I worked with! aniway oppinions appart, your work is beatiful.

Looking at this, I can easily see the magnificent sense of scale throughout the piece and the epic constructions that fill it.

The 2D components look pretty well integrated with no clear discrepancies in both style and realism, so how difficult was it to handle and import modeling elements created in three different apps.?

^ This. Saw those cube structures and Portal popped right into my head. Anyway very nice job joining the 2D and 3D elements!

A great piece!

this is cool, I think a print version would be cool too !

Hi Kargall!

I really like this scene you’ve got! Nice color scheme, lighting and theme amongst the designs! How long did this take you from start to finish?

And if I just can give you one small crit it would be to add in smaller versions of the foreground ship in the background. I don’t know how big the ship is meant to be and without references in the background, the ship could be just the same size of those huge cubes :stuck_out_tongue: Unless, of course, that was your intention.

/John

That is amazing! :smiley:

It’s like a companion cube invasion. :o GlaDos must be done testing.
Be afraid. Be very afraid!!

Awsome job btw :smiley:

Hello everyone
Thank you for your nice comment :o

@Kemmler:

Anyway, I like this piece, it’s as if Cowboy Bebop and Portal had a baby.
Ha ha I’m not gamer. I did not know. But I Google and I take that as a compliment :wink:
Yes! briskly version of Blender 2.63 :wink:

@Leonnn:
I like SU because I can do everything with him. Better and faster than with blender.
SU has functions very poorly known.

@Ace-Dragon:

so how difficult was it to handle and import modeling elements created in three different apps.?
I’m importing and exporting block doubts modeling, Collada format. So I do not lose the scale and location of objects. I paid attention to the direction of my normal blender, and all is well. :wink:

Cheers

Kargall

Very nice work! congrats!

I’m importing and exporting block doubts modeling, Collada format. So I do not lose the scale and location of objects. I paid attention to the direction of my normal blender, and all is well.

Talking about SU imports. Tig’s latest free obj exporter for SU is working great. Have you tried it? I was able to export a very complicated SU model, lot of materials, ~1,5 M faces thing. Very nice control over these several materials (~30) via cycles!