Alarm Clock

Finished another one today and would like some feedback

Attachments

looks good. now model the inside!

I would love to do that but I’ll need to buy an alarm clock to tear apart.

I’d make it a little less reflective, dull it down (just a bit) something about it looks not right.

Toned down the reflectiveness some and also went for a more brassy look.

Attachments

The model looks great! You just need to tweak the lighting/render setup to make it look a little less cg…

I think it’s great, just it maybe looks a little wierdbecause there is nothing to reflect… try adding some (6 - an inverted cube) planes with image textures of the inside of a room (shadeless textures) - that should give it some nice realism… nice model though wow.

I definitly prefer the brass look to the gold. Do you have AO turned on?

hey friends i want to share something qualitative with you. alarm clocks are now a days easily availbale in different designs and styles…what we have to learn is how to make them useful in our life…try to be on time anywhere…try to follow the tits and tats of your alarm and make it a habit…by this believe me you will gain success in your life

wow bobkerry that was very random… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for not replying for so long. Windows had crashed too many times while modeling. So I’ve been busy setting up a dual boot of windows 7 and Linux. I’ll hopefully post some more tweaks and details once I get it all set up. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions so far!:wink:

And no AO was not on for that render. A lot of the render pass options kept crashing Windows7 64bit.

yeah, this looks like a pretty decent model, you should add some metal textures (pure flat color with reflection doesn’t quite look real) and a suitable studio or room interior lighting setup to get a decent render.

Yeah, I’m working on texturing it with realistic metal textures, but, getting a model to unwrap properly is my weakness so it’s taking me a while to get it to unwrap.