As some of you may know, I’m currently working on a basic Alembic implementation for Blender 2.78. I’m opening this thread to hopefully gather some test and feedback through this forum. This implementation is primarily for character animation, which should include hair and fur.
UPDATE: this was merged in master and should be available in the latest nightly builds.
Bugs should be handled through the bug tracker, but can be reported/handled here as well.
Current list of known bugs and to-dos (as of August the 10th):
- Sintel IK has bugs, might be an export issue. (Alembic does not really take care of armatures and baked vertices data is correct, so low priority).
To-dos (for future work on this):
- allow for custom axis for import/export
- arbitrary properties animation
- delete created objects when cancelling an import
- motion blur support
- support importing/exporting cyclic NURBS