All blender games 11 years celebration (2009 - 2019) 🎉

Realtime Cubemaps are fairly easy to setup & he’s using baked lighting from cycles, that’s the advantage and also why its looking so guud !!! (TO me Baking has always been an easy way out its te cheapest way to produce super high quality fakes but without realtime light properties running in the game world there’s very little you can do especially if you have cutscenes in realtime, baked approach is good for controlled environments in your game not open world stuffs)

Personally, i don’t like baked lighting because i like to control my light sources in my game world, i prefer to go realtime with everything because it offers more control and its more flexible with the stuff i do; and yeah, yeah, yeah i know it could be quite taxing on the performance side of things but its the better way out, and despite us using the old open GL i don’t really care abt the dated code/ visuals that holds us back from keeping us up to par with today’s DX11 or DX12 games… Our games will have their own unique style and visual fidelity!!!
(As long as a game is made well and optimized well and as long as it WORKS its fine by me; and BGE/ UPBGE works for me so im happy with it!)

Don’t be deceived @ANSH , you can do it too if you know how to set it up!
if yr interested in Baking then go for it but it has its limitations…

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Update!

Fred/K.S

1 Like