Alltaken VS X-warrior modelling duel

Hi people,

last week, me and alltaken decided to promote blender battles by making a 24hours modelling duel.

-Rules of the duel-
Design an armored vehicle
Years: 1900 to 2100
Type: modelling only, 24h
No wip shown to the public
No fancy lighting setup (3light setup+ao)

Alltaken is challenging me, X-Warrior, and the loser will have to write in the signature on elysiun (and keep it for 3months)

“I lost against ******** in the very first of the blender battles, I’m a loser and ******* is a god. Shame on me”

It’s a friendly duel so it’s only jokes.

So place your bets, encourage your player, put obstacles on the road of the other one and go fight for it in the streets! yay!

May the best modeller win!

w00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t!!! SHOWDOWN!

X-Warrior, are you aware that your sig is spelled incorrectly? Or am I missing out on some joke?
Sounds fun.

good luck!

you mean i have to PICK one of you to cheer for?! oh no! best of luck to both of you :smiley:

LOL well a small update, after 5 hours of blending X-W’s blender crashes, and he loses 1 hour of work.

meanwhile alltaken’s (that would be mine) work is looking like a piece of crap.

OMg what is going on it just looks so stupid LOL.

Alltaken

GO ALLTAKEN!!!

/me quietly places a bet for X-warrior…

Good luck both of you :smiley:

can i be the bookmaker :wink: ?

I think alltaken wins,
nice idea btw to start this.

Cmon Alltaken! dont let the fact that he kicked us all in the F1 contest( :x ) discourage you!

Woohooo!!! Go Alltaken!!!
/me sneaks off to compare their past work and decide who to bet on

Uh-Oh that was a good 5 hour sleep but now i am behind by 5 hours.

Damn.

and people no voting till the competition is over ;p

Alltaken

Is X-Warrior unfamiliar with the backup/auto-save feature?

true, he shoulda used the <name>.blend1 that’s (by default) saved every 5 minutes. Heh.

Really neat idea. Good luck to both!

true, he shoulda used the <name>.blend1 that’s (by default) saved every 5 minutes. Heh.

Really neat idea. Good luck to both![/quote]

actually this feature has been having issues recently. even on my computer the latest version of blender had it turned off by default.

i needed to set it up again/funny to get it working.

Alltaken

So that catfight in #blenderchat last week was all a stunt?
You’re both good actors then, I really thought you were both just being a**holes.

<name>.blend1 is created (by default) whenever you save.
/tmp/<pid>.blend is created every 5 minutes (by default) - I still think that the windows builds should have this as a folder that exists on windows by default… too many times a windows n00b has come into #blenderchat or here when their blender crashed only to be told that while blender has an autosave and it’s turned on by default, it didn’t work and they need to set it up :<

he didn’t have them, i have had problems where blender trys to save tmp files in strange locations that it doesn’t have authority to save, and as a result no tmp files get saved.

So that catfight in #blenderchat last week was all a stunt?
You’re both good actors then, I really thought you were both just being a**holes.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha

Alltaken

Alltaken, just a dumbass idea, but BlenderBattles could one day have a “bet on battles” feature :wink: That would require a lot of php, but it’s not entirely impossible. With that, Top10 tables and such with contestant ratings could also be implemented. And of course - Top10 gamblers :smiley:

just thinking out loud…

hi people

small update

alltaken slept 5hours…I was suppose to model all night…and I fell asleep for 6hours…

now there is like 3hours left so, don’t forget to chek out blender battles website after it’s over so you can vote!