Almost Home

Getting back to my roots and did an environment. Let me know your thoughts!

74 Likes

I loved it. I would reduce the influence of the warm lights int the scene a bit. The light coming from the boat should not illuminate so much around, I think. Also it’s a quite dark environment to have so much light on the ground near to the trees. I know it will make the scene dark, but more realistic.

And if the boat is supposed to move it should have some wind on the sail.

1 Like

If you are able to add wake coming from the boat, it would show how fast the boat was moving. Right now it looks like it’s not moving.

I think it’s a great rendering.

2 Likes

I like the scene and the modelling of the boat and shoreline. The overall atmosphere is very nice. As far as things to improve, I think the landscape on the right side is a little too bright and the light is too warm for such a stormy sky. Overall this is fantastic work!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the input. I definitely see what you’re saying about the lighting. I will re work it and post an update. Thanks again!

1 Like

Very good point. I think I just got lazy and didn’t add it. Maybe I should sculpt it? Or crate a custom normal map?

Thanks for the input! I think you are definitely correct.

Did you ever try dynamic paint for that? I got some amazing results with waves using it and its really fast.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

Very nicely planned and executed.

1 Like

This is so clear, that it is almost in that hyperreal space. I imagine seeing this on a puzzle, like a 2,000 piece puzzle.

What about some of the options to show depth? A little DOF, a little mist, could go a long way.

I didn’t notice the wake right away, but that sounds tough to me! Maybe if you wanted a challenge, that would be cool to learn how to do. That would be neat.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words and suggestions! It means a lot to me.

Very good, I like it.

1 Like