Alpha and UV animation question

Is it at all possible to specify the alpha of individual vertices or edges? I’d like to have a plane that is solid at the bottom and transparent at the top, with an animated texture scrolling up.

Also, would there be a way to have the UV anim script check for a scroll speed property on the object? I’d like to have several different objects with different scroll speeds without having a different script for each.

-Chris

I’m not sure if you can do it as you described (which I think would require multiple textures, alpha and uv animation all on one object) but you could “fake” it with an animated texture (similar to the way text is displayed). Go to Doc Holiday’s website and look for his animated texture .blend.

Also, would there be a way to have the UV anim script check for a scroll speed property on the object? I’d like to have several different objects with different scroll speeds without having a different script for each.

Yup, this is definitely do-able. All you would have to do is make the scroll speeds associated with the object in the script, and then create properties for the speed in the object logic. Again, go to Doc Holiday’s website and look for his uv animation .blend. It’s alot more sophisticated than you’ll need to do this, but it will give you an idea of what can be done and how to do it.

I’m out of town at the moment, otherwise I could post a sample for you. Both these scripts are pretty easy to do.