Alpha channel and multiple textures

Hi,
just a quick questions. How to make two textures working on one material? Is is possible at all?
The task is to create a box (textured) and add another texture (red strip). I know i’ve got to use alpha channel for another texture… but how? :slight_smile:

Tnx a lot for any help.

Are you using Cycles or BI?
If Cycles here is a tutorial i made: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?245468
As far a s BI, i think if your striped image has an alpha channel, it will be automatically taken care of. Just click the premultiply button to make the alpha smoother.

Tnx for a tutorial for Cycles! …but now i try to work with BI mostly. Because I’m blender noob I dont have idea what does it mean “automatically taken care of”. I can guess it of course but still have no idea what to check to make alpha channel cut out one of the texure and make both visible same time. (like wooden box with label on it)

Tnx

Ok. Got it.
so what i’ve done is:

• texture the box with wood texture
  • add another texture to this material (label texture) with alpha channel (.psd in my case)
  • and indeed the alpha channel will be automatically taken care of by blender. I did not have to do anything
    Important thing for me was that label texture has to be the last one in the texture stack. Otherwise u will not c anything because the label texture will be covered with wood texture.

Tnx DDD for the all the informations.

Attachments

Glad I could help.
Yeah I guess the order is important eh? :slight_smile:

Nice blender cube btw :stuck_out_tongue:

Important thing for me was that label texture has to be the last one in the texture stack. Otherwise u will not c anything because the label texture will be covered with wood texture.
As in other areas of blender, Textures are applied in order, from top to bottom in the texture stack.