Alpha images, and reflection

Hi,
I’m going to start a new project this week, and I want to use 2d into 3d. While doing some tests, I’m getting the following error:

http://imagebin.org/29507

The only way to solve this, is rendering separated, and using maps, etc. Will take lots of time.

My question, since the 2d images, are mapped in planes, and this planes got alpha value of 0, how can I fix this type of stuff when rendering with other material reflection ?

Thanks for your time

or it can only be solved by using render layers?

this is the test file, I’m using to do tests:

http://filebin.ca/nwtgxq/testing.blend

I do find, that, the alpha background of the image, get darker in Material buttons, then it does, in Texture button!

ok, finished. The thing is, you cant (or at least the way i’m doing), use planes with alpha images textures, working with objects with Ray Transp.

Since I’m just testing, to check possiblities on the project, I mixed SSS with Ray Transp, etc, etc.

SSS works fine with 2D alpha mapped images on planes. Really fine!

But, if you do put a object (such in this case, the monkey), with RayTransp, you get this error.

:slight_smile:

Ray tracing isn’t compattible with alpha. Sorry you got this far w/o an answer.

No need to apologize! I thank you for your time and answer :slight_smile:
Actually, its allways nice to post the answer to common problems.
Hopefully, this will help someone in the future =D

Thanks!

Wait! That’s an alpha mapped plane? (my connection couldn’t download your file…damn wireless). Try enabluing the TraShado button in the shaders tab for the mirror material and see if that works. RayTrans does worked for alpha mapped geometry, just not alpha effects such as halos. Also, turn off specular for the alpha mapped planes so their alpha channels can’t show specular reflection. That line you’re seeing is almost certainly the shadow of the plane and will properly cast the shadow of the texture when trashado is enabled for the receiving (mirror) material.

Good luck.

Hum ok! I’ll try that! I will update this msg back in a few seconds…
The 'TraSha" was already tested, etc, but not the SPEC one, I supose.

…after a few tests…

No, it just works if disabling “Ray Transp” for the monkey head.
The base plane /the plane/ whos reflecting, both, Monkey and Alpha
mapped Plane, gets that line (or actually the plane alpha).

If disabling Ray Trap, for the monkey head material, the plane reflects fine

:slight_smile:

你这个笨蛋,没有了香港六合彩天线宝宝张孝宁,还有无数个好男人在等着,你不知道你自己有多好,张孝宁辜负你,那是香港六合彩天线宝宝没福气……” 香港六合彩白小姐一直在香港六合彩曾道人身边说着话,可香港六合彩曾道人一句都没听进去,不知过了多久,香港六合彩曾道人突然开口问了句:“张孝宁呢?” “呃~不,不知道,可能手机关机了吧!” 香港六合彩白小姐有些紧张,说话吞吞吐吐。 那晚香港六合彩白小姐在医院陪了香港六合彩曾道人整晚,接下来的两天香港六合彩白小姐都守在香港六合彩曾道人床边,而香港六合彩曾道人只是整日盯着窗外那颗光秃秃的树发呆。 “小美,明天是礼拜五,公司有些会忙,香港六合彩曾道人请了几天假,今天一早人事部打电话来催香港六合彩曾道人去上班了,所以香港六合彩曾道人明天必须得去公司一趟。”香港六合彩白小姐收拾着香港六合彩曾道人的衣物,朝香港六合彩曾道人贼贼的笑了笑,“不过正好现在是寒假,再过几天又要过年了,大学社团也不用去,香港六合彩曾道人那個小叔在家闲得慌,所以香港六合彩曾道人让香港六合彩天线宝宝明天过来接你出院,等会儿可能香港六合彩天线宝宝会先过来看看。对了,你是不是跟香港六合彩曾道人小叔见过面啊!香港六合彩曾道人一提你,香港六合彩天线宝宝马上就知道,而且还很乐意地吵着说要来。”香港六合彩白小姐整理好东西,看了看手表,“快九点半了,香港六合彩曾道人看到病房走廊上有通知,说今天主任要来查房,香港六合彩曾道人看香港六合彩曾道人还是先去外面等吧!你有事再叫香港六合彩曾道人。”香港六合彩香港六合彩香港六合彩