Alpine Beacon

A little fun with clouds…

Recently i do love to create clouds with the volumetric shader. There are still so many things i want to try! Also i think an animation would be quite nice since eevee is so fast at computing volumes , its insane.

~ Instagram ~ Artstation ~

The mountain textures were generously provided by Midge Sinnaeve, check him out:
https://www.artstation.com/mantissa

68 Likes

Nice work man!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, stay safe and have a great weekend!

This is great!

1 Like

Thank you guys, happy to hear that!

Bart, thanks a lot! Proud to be among the many awesome Artworks this Week.

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Awesome! :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

very nice work, I want to ask you, do you think the pyramid have such power like that?

1 Like

Woooow! Amazing work, congrats! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Great. Are the clouds alpha images or volumetric substance??

1 Like

those clouds are real volumetrics! Basicaly two musgrave textures :slight_smile:

Damn thats nice! Any tips on achieving good lighting with eevee?

1 Like

wow how do you achieve that subtle vertical light rays out of the clouds? is it volumetric? post-process?

1 Like

Well im really no eevee expert. In fact i render almost exclusively in cycles… For me eevee is great for previewing volumetrics and materials ,but to generate those mountains i need a real displacement shader. Im not sure what you mean by good lighting… If your talking about those clouds just make sure that you have a high denisity and that the volumes start/end distance is not too far apart (final render was in cycles tho). Otherwise make sure to have screenspace reflections and AO enabled and bake your lighting with an irradiance volume!

Basicaly i separate the bright parts i want with an colorramp and then use the sunbeams filter:

1 Like

Wow… cinematic atmosphere… fantastic!

1 Like