Alternation Blender's some hot key or 3D axii

Hi, I start to learn blender two months ago. After following blendercookie/others, I am very annoying with UI, specially 3D axii(axes), also select using right mouse button.
I used Maya just for 6 months. but after seeing awesome feature I switch to blender. Yes I know blender has MAYA preset. but don’t want to use that. stick to learn default UI.
Here is likeness of Blender>
1.Small installation file.
2.Vertex exudation.
3.Composite feature.
4.Many cool tools of modelling.
but I want to change 3D axis. mean Y up arrow like other software>
Another I want to know, Is any shortcut key of switching over vertex/edge/face. I don’t want to use ctrl+tab key, It is really not fast for modelling.
I was finding to answer these two question via google or other blender tuts/manual, but no solution.
Also, want to change Blender b hot key, don’t like again and again to select edit mesh.
sometime it is daunting process to select vertex.
if ctrl+tab is available only in current version, then my suggestion is change it next version to select directly via hot keys.
forgive me for poor English. thanks for reading and understanding.

but I want to change 3D axis. mean Y up arrow like other software>
Not all other software does this, some is the same as blender, there is no right or wrong way for this. There is no reason to change it.

Is any shortcut key of switching over vertex/edge/face. I don’t want to use ctrl+tab key, It is really not fast for modelling.
Change it to whatever you want in user preferences

Also, want to change Blender b hot key, don’t like again and again to select edit mesh.

also select using right mouse button.

Why is this a poll anyway ?

Shortcuts and user interface are already being reviewed. Search the forum if you want to contribute to those threads.

why not make the “up” axis something that can be configured? (not knowing how much other code depends on the axis orientation…)