Alternative to TinyCAD Edge Tools?

I’m looking for an alternative to the TinyCAD Edge Tools with similar functionality, that works for 2.6x. TinyCAD doesn’t. I just need something that creates a vert between an intersection of two edges, really. I don’t want to mess with boolean, as they are never reliable. If someone could direct me to something, I’d appreciate.

If you mean http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Modeling/Edge_Slice, it works correctly for me in blender 2.62, the download link is for v0.5.1, the version I am using.

For me while previous version worked perfectly, in 2.62 (stable version) while it looks to work (as vertices are created in the intersection as desired) , it is throwing in the same time a bunch of scripts errors.

No idea what is the impact of those scripts error, but it’s mentionned in the User Preference -> Addon description that this addon is broken , but fortunately under development (as it’s extremely usefull for modelling, same as i use the Geom Tools a lot when modelling in 2.49b)

also consider that now Blender supports Ngons.

The addon works for me in 2.62 without any errors.
In a bmesh build the addon works correctly but with an error. As long as it creates the vertices correctly I couldn’t care less about errors.

The addon has nothing to do with ngons.

Thanks. I was using 2.61. Guess I’ll update.

2.62 does? There’s nothing about it in the release log.

The addon works for me in 2.62 without any errors.

Strange, for me it works if i try on the “stable” 2.62 but with a bunch of errors reported (RC version of 2.62 worked without those errors), maybe some conflict between addons.

2.62 does? There’s nothing about it in the release log.

Bmesh has been merged into Blender only starting with revision 44256 (so any version of Blender 2.62, superior to revision 44256 you will download from either graphicall or the buildbot will feature the Bmesh new editmode code).

So Bmesh is not included in the “stable” release of 2.62 that is an older revision (revision 44136), and will be featured in the next stable release, Blender 2.63