Aluminum Widget Thingies

(5_on_it) #1

Still having some trouble getting the HDRI to map correctly, but turned out OK overall I think.

Enjoy…

http://home.pjwarez.com/alwidgets.jpg

0 Likes

(Francesco) #2

I can’t tell what but something is keeping the aluminum material from being realistic…I think aluminum doesn’t reflect colours that well…it gives a bit more of greyish colour…or maybe i’m completely wrong…:o…very good render though…

0 Likes

(Lord of the Rings Junkie) #3

It’s nice, but how come you always make simple objects on a tile floor? (Except for that orange robot…)

Don’t take me wrong, it’s a good piece. I just think maybe it’s time you expanded your horizon a little bit.

0 Likes

(5_on_it) #4

That’s easy. It’s called time. I just turned 41, I work full time and I also go to school. After work, homework, paying bills, laundry, family, bla bla bla… it’s a wonder I have time to Blend at all. There are times I get so busy (as recently) that I have to take a break from Blending. By the time I get back to it I’ve forgotten some of the stuff I’ve already learned.

I also tend to learn much faster when I’m in a group, or a least with someone that knows more than me looking over my shoulder. So far my suggestion to meet outside the Blender meetings with other group members to work on our skills, while actually working in Blender seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Believe me, I don’t expect any of my stuff to end up in the Gallery section anytime soon. How Philbo finds time is beyond me. As I’ve said before, the man deserves a medal.

0 Likes

(tef) #5

I know your situation 5Onlt, keep up blending and have fun. I would actually try to add some normals to your aluminium texture, and perhaps make it more like brushed metal. Right now the reflection is like brushed aluminium but the surface is smooth like a baby bottom.

However, I think it looks really good, so why don’t you start working on a cool enviroment for those widgets? Like a nightclub bar after closing? I know you can do it, even if you will not be finished this year. :slight_smile:

0 Likes