Am I able to make such transition in Blender?

Hi all!

Here is the example of transition. https://youtu.be/6YYgVNy40O8?t=47

0:49. There are 3D golden rings, photo of skyscrapers in it. I am not going to copy one to one this composition.

I want to use another photo on background. And I want to make some abstract figures instead of rings. I will receive transition with alpha channel.

Next step in some video editing software, maybe OpenShot, Shotcut, Kdenlive, DaVinci Resolve I will put transition above junction of two parts of the video.

Am I able to make such transition in Blender?

Not sure what your asking, but if you want to create that image which wipes across the screen, i would say yes. Im new to blender and clobbered these two images up.

Both of these have the skyscraper image as the material of a single (bottom) plane.

With the first i added a second plan, cut (boolean) some shapes and then “sculptured” some lines then added a glass shader to that plane.

The second a added abunch of cubes with a “rigided body” simulation along with a glass shader to the cube.

Again, im new to modeling so someone with a little skills could make some much better.

Maybe if you post some of your current work, someone will be able to help better.

1 Like

Thank you, @Joe. You helped me.

Yes, I want to create animation which goes across the screen. Thank you for the example you made. I received answer on my question. I took into consideration I am able to make such animation in Blender. I will make such animation in Blender.

Next step. After I will make such animation in Blender how to transfer animation from Blender to some video editing software, maybe OpenShot, Shotcut, Kdenlive, DaVinci Resolve?

You can “save/export” animation under the Render panel output and choose a video format, also still images are there too.

If it was me and my end goal was to use something like this in DaVinci, i would render out a still image from blender and then do my “animations” in DaVinci.

1 Like

Thank you, @Joe. You helped me.

Thank you for explanation.

Joe, in this case which file format you will use when you will render out a still image?

@SidewaysUpJoe Joe, I will add to my previous message.

You will render out sequence of still images? Sequence. Yes?

In this case which file format for still image you will use?

@Sackadoo, @BigBlend please tell your opinion.

Please look at example of animation. Link and my description are in my first message in this topic. I will make similar animation in Blender.

Next step I will transfer animation to video editing software. For example it will be DaVinci Resolve. It will be sequence of still images. For such kind of animation with 3D abstract figures, background image, transparency on left and right border which file format for sequence of still images to use?

@MarioPeper, @kesonmis the same question as in my previous post in this topic to you. What do you think?

@Rocketman the same question as in my message one post higher in this topic to you. Please tell your opinion.

For something like this i would render out a ‘single’ still image and do all animation in DaVinci (just sliding across screen). File format would be your choice, what ever is best for you to work with.

1 Like

As I said in another post, I would always use .exr, with a lossless compression e.g. zip. But .png does the job too. Main thing lossless compression and single images and alpha of course :wink:

1 Like

@SidewaysUpJoe. I understood. Single still image. And in DaVinci you will slide it across screen. Nice solution. Thank you, Joe.

In this case which color space to use in Blender? RGB? Some other?

What bit depth to use in Blender? 8 bit? 16 bit half-float data? 32 bit? Some other?

In this case which file format you will use to transfer single still image from Blender to DaVinci?

@MarioPeper. Thank you, Mario.

When I will make such animation which color space to use in Blender? RGB? Some other?

What bit depth to use in Blender? 8 bit? 16 bit half-float data? 32 bit? Some other?

I assume that by color space you mean the color space for the device. So Rec709 for HDTVs, XYZ or DCI-P3 for projectors. For simple monitors you stick with sRGB. For full .exr performance you should use 32bit. But as always it depends on what you want. How I rate the project, you can also just work with 8bit: png. may be easier at first.

1 Like

@MarioPeper. Thank you, Mario. I took in attention your words.

Yes, color space for the device.

Thank you, Mario. I took in attention.

Yes, I focuse the attention on simple monitors. Also I focus the attention on screens of mobile devices. In both cases I should use sRGB? Yes?

Mario, you explained about color space. Thank you. Please explain about color model now.

When I will make such animation which color model I should use in Blender? RGB? Some other?

Yeah, a cell phone also has a simple monitor. I’m not sure what you mean by color model. A simple question to a search engine would be this.

If you mean the color choices in Blender (RGB,HSV,HEX). There you simply choose what you like best :wink:

1 Like

@MarioPeper. Thank you, Mario. I took in attention

Yes, I mean the color choices in Blender: RGB, HSV, HEX.

I know that also exists LAB, LMS, XYZ, YUV, YCbCr, YPbPr.

When I work with still images in GIMP I use RGB.

I look at example from my first post in this thread: https://youtu.be/6YYgVNy40O8?t=47

0:49. 3D golden rings, photo of skyscrapers. I am not going to copy one to one this composition. It is example of which way I want to make animation. Moving 3D figures with gloss will be in it. Also background images will be in it.

Next step I will transfer animation as image sequence to some video editing software. Maybe OpenShot, Shotcut, Kdenlive, DaVinci Resolve. Maybe some else. In video editing software I will combine videos from camera and animation from Blender and I will make final video. Then I will deliver it different ways. Maybe YouTube. Maybe Facebook video. Maybe Instagram. Maybe I will give file to friend and he will demonstrate file on monitor. Simple monitor.

Does RGB color choices in Blender suitable in this cases?

Does RGB color choices in Blender enough in this cases?

Maybe some other color choice in Blender will give me something usefull?

No, you just stay with sRGB. The display mode in blender is not important for saving. It’s only for your own preferences.

1 Like

@MarioPeper. Thank you, Mario. I took in attention.

What if I will transfer animation from Blender not directly to video editing software but firstly to Natron to make VFX? And then from Natron I will transfer animation to video editing software. In this case in Blender in output I should use OpenEXR Multylayer and during render I should make few render passes. Yes?

Yes, Natron can read the OpenEXR Multylayer from Blender. But then you should stay with Filmic and a low contrast in color management to get the most flexibility in natron.
But for a fade of not even one second I find this a bit overdone. I would just take .png and fade directly in Shotcut.

1 Like