Amazing new feature! 'Q' is no longer Quit! It's now Ctrl-Q! w00t!

Ah…the plot thickens!
YOU where that applicant who tried to get into *Mansa by attaching
your 3rd grade test-scores to a ED-DVD! HAH! I knew it!

*Mansa is not to be confused with Mensa.

Just so everyone’s clear… the command for quit was a “naked q” in the code, which means that it functioned with the “q” key and any modifier. So, Ctrl-Q already worked for quit, as did Alt-Q, Shift-Q, Alt-Ctrl-Q and Shift-Alt-Ctrl-Q. I just restricted that list to Ctrl-Q.

Gotcha. Well then I’m not worried about anything. Well done.

This is very funny, 'cause I thought this thread would be a little joke and die quickly.

No, man. Nothing gets more tongues wagging than the tiny, nigh-insignificant details of the BLENDER INTERFACE! (dripping blood font courtesy of your imagination…)

now that “q” is free, how about making it quit all the OTHER application that are running besides blender?

but more seriously, now that you are the hotkey-man, could you find a way how finnish keyboard layout users (maybe others too) could be able to toggle all layers too. the current hotkey is nicely placed in the us keyboard, but on finnish one that that key does §. and the needed is not normal key, it’s used in combination of other alphabets to make letters like à.

or, while you are at it, just make all these user configurable :slight_smile:

.b

Wow, that’s something no other program has ! :rolleyes:

Mike

Hallelujah. I really hated that key.

Ack! I was just looking for something to do yesterday while I was procrastinating from working on the book. Please let me not become known as the hotkey guy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah well, I’ll see what I can see about that goofy section symbol.