It’s one FPU shared between two independent integer units. Those two pipes are just parts of one FPU. Scalar floating point (i.e. anything less than 128-bits, which is most code) performance hasn’t improved over the previous generation. Virtually all non-scalar code on the other hand is going to be 256-bit wide (SSE).
In some cases yes, but in those cases where RAM speed makes a significant difference (15% and up), latency tends to be irrelevant. Conversely, wherever lower-latency RAM is faster than higher bandwidth RAM, the overall RAM speed impact is low anyway.
More importantly though, all new CPUs use DDR4, so I wouldn’t invest in any DDR3 RAM when RAM prices are still very high.
You should do what you want. This is a development tool. It is not meant to play games from other developers. You are developing your own games, animation and artwork. Therefore, “they have to conform to your machine at first.” For example, here is the upper limits (75%) of my machine capabilities. Beyond that, I have to utilize game optimization strategies. vokoscreen-2018-08-25_14-00-09.mkv (3.2 MB)
Here’s a starter build, leaves you the option to upgrade the CPU and GPU in the future but should be at minimum comparable if not a bit better than a FX 8300 build.
Regarding that list of components, you can cut the HDD, get a motherboard half as expensive, get 1x8GB (instead of 2x4GB) for less money and better upgradeability and you don’t need additional case fans with that case. You also don’t need a modular PSU and you can get away with decent 500W PSU easily on that system.
One more note - you should consider AMD GPU. Something like RX 580 8GB would be a very good option. Today AMD GPUs work very well with Blender. They’re generally a little more powerful at the same prices as NVIDIA GPUs (although NVIDIA tends to beat AMD in many games due to it’s drivers). Also, with RX 580 you get 2 more GBs of VRAM which may (or may not) come in handy for you someday. Lastly, AMD is a major sponsor of Blender which, in case of other factors being 1:1 between AMD and NVIDIA choice, could help you decide which company to choose.
The idea behind the motherboard choice was two-fold:
It’s a motherboard with a VRM that should be able to handle beefier cpu’s in the future and
Should the OP forget to update the bios it’s a newer generation that isn’t shipped with too early of a uefi/bios version on it.
@BeerBaron As for the PSU, the focus wasn’t on the modularity, it’s just a PSU I’m willing to trust to last a good long time and able to support future HW upgrades. I agree about the memory though. I just made a quick pick there. I would keep the HDD though unless the OP is certain that 250 GB is enough for him(I doubt it). The fans I included because of my own bias as a misophonic person who dislikes a loud system.
Agreed on the PSU… dont’ ever skimp your money on that. It is the Hart of your system, it pumps pwoer to all compoents and when it fails… it takes the full system down.
Seasonic is one of the top brand, and most retailers (Corsair,EVGA and others) use Seasnoics and rebrand them as their own. They are simply the best.
So definitely don’t go for anything else then Seasonic. Though the one is Bronze rated, I might even recomend somethign higher level like Seasnoic Focus Gold for example. but what ever you do, DO NOT skimp on your power supply or you’ll regret it
8 core amd fx gave me HELL… 6 core has run fine, however its not useable with BlackmagicFusion if doing Post of Blender projects. Neither its useable if you happen to go to android development
I don’t know. That motherboad is MSI 990FXA. It looks nice, maybe that is its only function.
I would sell the parts for that system, but then someone would have to put up with whatever problem it has.
And I took the ram to “this” computer 32GIG ddr3. That otherone is just motherboard, the cpu, 2*120 gig hd, and 550 Watt PowerSupply and 1 gig ddr 3 memory pci-e gpu passive.+the 8 core 4.2Ghz AMD FX and pretty red and black MSI motherboard.