AMD quad core or Intel Duo?

would an AMD Phenom quad core (1.80GHz, 2MB L2 Cache), or Intel Pentium dual-core (2MB L2, 2.5GHz, 800FSB) be a better choice for blender, gaming, and video editing? [](javascript:to_page_mod(1,%201))

I’d go quad if I were you. Also, a Pentium Dual core and an Intel Core 2 Duo are not the same. The Core 2 Duo is a higher class chip. Look at it this way, if you have 4 cores running at 1.8 each core, you’re running like 7.2 ghz of speed, versus the 5.0 ghz running with the Intel box. With a good video card, either processor would chew through games.

Thats true! But if you have the money go for the quad,more speed!

This is not true, although it is a common misconception. But otherwise good advice, Pentium Dual Core != Core 2 Duo… not by a long shot

These look like your processors.

Well finally something I do know about, what is your budget? I would go with the intel quad if possible.

Better take the AMD quad. they are cheaper then INTETEL’s quad and the differences are not so big (but at all intels quad is better ut high different in the prices) so little less performance vs high coast.

and dont forget to check the number of threads before rendering… :slight_smile:

yes, my budget is very limited, that is why have AMD vs. Pentium, I do know that the Core 2 is better and if I could I would get a Core 2 quad, but it is not possible. It seams most of you recommend the AMD quad?

yea if a Core 2 quad is out of the question then go with the AMD. You won’t be disappointed with it. I currently have a q6600 and I got that after I had a dual core AMD and my quad destroys my amd dual in every respect.

ok, thanks, you’ve been very helpful…

Your welcome, again you won’t be disappointed in the AMD, the sucker is still freaking fast so in that respect you will be pleased.